So those listed in the portal from Miami and other questions

Linda Mallender would like a word.

2 Likes

Doh! I wasn’t sure. How high was she ranked?

There weren’t rankings in those days but she was All America and was invited to the Olympic trials in ‘84.

2 Likes

Camille Jackson is coming from Illinois where in two years she averaged 0.7 points per game.

Wow! She sounds our best overall player ever. I hope she still follows the program.

Linda was probably the most gifted player I’ve seen since I started watching in 1981. Maybe not the most impactful but the most skilled. She played on such talented Miami teams that she didn’t need to score a lot.

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Another signee today! (Perhaps this makes up for our assistant who used Brian D. Stanchak as her agent.)

https://x.com/miamioh_wbb/status/1781456771279737221?s=46

3 Likes

Huh, she’s the new head coach at EMU.

2 Likes

Tamar Singer from 2023 U20 European Championships:

2 Likes

5’ 4” - Our women’s game version of Earl Boykins! A waterbug on the hardwood!

2 Likes

She’s already grown 2”.

2 Likes

Brian Stanchak is also Megan Duffy’s agent. What point were you making?

1 Like

He’s my agent as well. He secured me this $4 a year gig writing third rate jokes on HawkTalk.

1 Like

Well his agency is called the BDS Agency, and he represents someone whose name is Sahar Nusseibeh. A poster on this board once thought the fact that Nusseibeh thanked the “BDS Agency” in her formal remarks upon being hired by Miami meant…something very different from her agent’s name.

I well remember that incident and thought it was ridiculous to denigrate her with no foundation. I don’t remember an apology, either.

3 Likes

And then repeatedly called for her to be fired for two straight years afterwards even after being corrected.

2 Likes

Well, the sphincter of said poster tends to tighten up a lot.

He took BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions ), paired it with a coach with an Arab sounding name and took a giant leap in logic. I’m Jewish and found it reprehensible. Pretty clear she wasn’t a Palestinian activist.

1 Like