Site Update

There’s an outstanding, fairly major update for the forum with the potential for limited downtime. I’m hoping to do it tomorrow morning. At most, I’d expect 30 minutes of downtime, but most likely closer to 10.

Quick metrics update: there are now over 300 registered users

(note, today is technically yesterday and yesterday is Tuesday on the screenshot. Lots of likes thrown around on game days, especially when we win)

Love and Honor!

5 Likes

I’m proud of what you (and The Chuck) before you have helped create. It’s been a blast getting to know so many interesting people. I can imagine this place having thousands of unique visitors in the not-too-distant future. Then, you should probably have ads. To help fund things. But only for ridiculous brands like say Houlihan’s or Fleet enimas. Either way, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Can’t forget Steve either. It’s pretty neat that every day there are at least 60 people who want to read/write/celebrate/complain/praise/argue/etc about Miami. It’s also led to some unique experiences and I’ve enjoyed getting to meet some folks in person. I think I still owe @Skins a beer from a bet on the old site.

For those interested in the update, I need to do it for security, but it does come with some new functionality that can be enabled if folks want. You can read about it here: Discourse 3.0 is Here!

3 Likes

Thanks Jive. The transition was a necessary evil, but it has gone very smoothly thanks to your work. Glad to have a place to talk Miami sports

9 Likes

Doh! Steve I’m very sorry. Yes, him as well.

Thanks for all that you do/have done!

1 Like

Creating a backup now and then we’re off!

1 Like

Thank you for all you have done! This is a very enjoyable site for all Miami fans!

1 Like

Update is complete! It was mostly a security update, but there are a few things I’m checking out. One of those is statuses. I don’t expect much use, but you can see mine next to my username. You can set one by clicking/tapping your profile picture in the top right, then the profile tab, then Set custom status.

2 Likes

When I clicked on the feather I found it to be quite revealing. In a quick second, it told me what you were currently thinking about. I had always assumed Index funds or the finer merits of C++

JH-I love this site! It’s like a bad habit. Like all the comments even if i don’t agree with them. Keep up the great work. L+H dm 79

2 Likes

Hi all! I am going to upgrade the servers today. Hopefully minimal downtime, but want to do it before the bball game tonight and the MACC this weekend. Stay tuned

2 Likes

Thanks for all you do here, Jive. You’ve made a nice spot here.

6 Likes

Upgrade is complete! I’m seeing page load times about 5-10x faster than before the upgrade and we should be in a better position to support spikes during the MACC. If you’re seeing any issues, let me know!

Thank you everyone!

Also, not seeing much delay (no more spinning wheel) if any posting, editing, and jumping between threads.

2 Likes