Signed: Enjulina Gonzales!

This is a great find. She had a nice junior career.

https://x.com/glennbox/status/1782562913028395288?s=46&t=Ry6smEDGYjFubmgi-1Cn6g

1 Like

Nice get. I assume she knows she’s not going home to play for Miami!

3 Likes

Like men’s hoops, you get the feeling this team is going the right direction.

3 Likes

This looks like a great addition to the team. Southern Conference Freshman Team two years ago. 10 points per game. Over 50% FG percentage as a guard. Three years of eligibility left after medical redshirt this past year.

It looks like we owe this add to Coach Wierzba who was an assistant at Mercer and clearly knows the abilities of Gonzalez well.

Interesting SW Ohio connection in all of this is that the Mercer head coach that Wierzba coached with resigned at the end of the season and was replaced by former UC head coach Michelle Clark-Heard. That may have had something to do with Gonzalez entering the portal.

1 Like

Players from Miami Florida have done pretty well in hoops for Miami University. (Ok, I can only think of one we’ve ever had on the men’s side, Devin D) but if Enjulia keeps improving, maybe it’s the second coming and two would be a pattern! Jokes aside, what gets me excited is her innate athleticism and if I recall, she’s a great student. This (to me) is the secret sauce as good things come from both of those variables.

2 Likes

How can you forget Puncho Farquaharsen? Lol

3 Likes

Oh no! Good catch! Three and growing!

With the roster Coach Box is putting together, we have a lot of guards and look like we have greatly increased the overall team speed and athleticism. With Bratton to run the ball upcourt and create easy baskets, I could see us becoming a pressing, running team. We should have excellent depth and that would be a great way to utilize it

3 Likes

2 Likes

That photo is cool - Kevin Beard facing up against Jeff Boals.

3 Likes

I looks like Enjulina has a sister who is a HS senior that has just committed as well.

Ziul Gonzalez. 5’7"" guard Miami Christian, Miami , Fl

https://twitter.com/MiamiOH_WBB/status/1784980740779683927

3 Likes

This is super cool!

Devin and Puncho!

What?

1 Like

The ultimate package deal!!!

Indeed!

That’s a lot of guards.

1 Like

Ha! You are just too young! lol

1 Like

This signing says something nice about our town and campus and our coaching staff and team. Older sister is giving very positive feedback to her family.

1 Like

I can hear the play-by-play call if the younger Gonzales blows by a guard named Dana to score: “There is no Dana. Only Ziul!”