Sayler and the CFP

The bylaws of some conferences require near unanimity to admit a new member. Two no votes would have stopped Cal, Stanford and SMU from joining the ACC. To admit them they had to eliminate resistance from UNC and Clemson.

They were when they joined. AAU kicked them out after.

UC doesn’t bring anything incremental to the big ten. So I would think OSU really didn’t have to throw a hissy fit blocking them….everyone else saw no value there because UC doesn’t bring the viewers.

Same could’ve been said for Cal/Stanford/SMU…… no real material viewers added there. Those schools don’t bring hoops either, so I think the ACC was an “us too” move.

Pitt is different to me. Does a perennial top 10 program really worry about owning their state recruiting when 60% of their roster is out of state? If Penn State is fighting tooth and nail with Pitt to “dominate” PA recruiting then they’ve got serious problems

I could entertain the argument that there’s too much geographical saturation from a tv audience perspective, which to me lends itself more to the other members voices….dont dilute the shares

I dunno folks……

1 Like

OSU and PSU would never allow it.

Absolutely agree. sUCks has had some on and off again football success this century but nothing before that. They had some long ago basketball success but not much since. They add no media markets or recruiting grounds. They’re not AAU. Hell, OSU would probably give them a yes vote for political reasons knowing full well that the rest of the B1G would shoot them down.

You can count to 13, right? Is that a hey dey for you? How about 10 years ago, when they beat an SEC team for the national title?

Texas A&M didn’t want Texas but they still voted them in the SEC.

Eventually. I can’t imagine Ohio State ever voting to admit UC to the Big 10.

1 Like