Saban Retiring

Reports that Saban is retiring. You’d think that the sky is falling in Bama right now. My feeds are full of panic and terror. I’m over here eating my popcorn. There is a whole generation of Bama fans that don’t know what it was like before Saban. I remember the Mike Shula years. They were rough.

Saban now open for his return to the MAC!

2 Likes

I remember the short time of Mike Price. He put in his pro style offense from Wazzu and the story was the team was loving it, but the alums and boosters didn’t.

1 Like

He never actually coached a game there. The good old boy boosters set him up with a bottle and a call girl and it was over before it started.

Two call girls

Roll Tide!!!

Oh I remember that. Everyone knew it was a total set up.

1 Like

2 Likes

The first 15 minutes of the local news last night were all Saban. It’s almost like the state is in mourning.

Auburn fans rolled Toomers Corner. :joy:

1 Like

Oddly enough, that’s probably the highest compliment they could ever give Coach Saban. He absolutely owned them save for when Gene C. Was their coach and won a natty. How on Earth he ever got fired after that is beyond me.

Chizik went 1-3 against Alabama. Malzahn went 3-6 against Alabama. Chizik was a defensive coach and they won that championship almost entirely because of Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn’s offense.

2009 with Malzahn, without Newton: 8-5 (3-5)
2010 with Malzahn and Newton: 14-0 (8-0)
2011 with Malzahn, without Newton 8-5 (4-4)
2012 without Malzahn and Newton: 3-9 (0-8)
2013 replacing Chizik with Malzahn: 12-2 (7-1)

1 Like

If I’m reading this right, you’re telling me Gene was less “mean” and more “routine”.

Edit: not my best work. I’ll try harder.

That was horrible. I’ll let this guy explain in more detail

2 Likes

I’ve been avoiding booze in January and sadly, I feel my comedy has cratered. Now, the snarky will say that it cratered without the booze but hey, that’s showbiz!

I relooked at the joke and I think “in between” have been the better word and/or have improved the comedy. Ie: He went from being Mean Gene (Nati champ winning/ in demand) to In Between Gene (a guy looking for work/riding the rails drinking sour mash from a bag)

That’s the edit I’d like. I’m not saying this saves the joke or even gets it off life support, but that’s because I’m a degenerate and not a doctor.