Roll Call For Cure Bowl

Who is actually going to able to attend in person?

I have my flights booked. Me & Mrs. D-Day are arriving Tuesday morning and leaving Sunday Morning - making it a mini-vacation.

It looks like the first event at 5:00 pm on Tuesday is open to the fans as it is held at Universal CityWalk; and I think that the 2 teams will be staying in hotels at or in the Universal Studios area.

1 Like

Ms. 97 and I are attending for certain. The dates of our stay are yet to be determined. Our plan is to stay in the Miami hotel once it’s named.

Love & Honor

1 Like

+3: Wife and daughter joining me. We’ll arrive on Thursday, Universal Studios on Friday, game + events on Saturday, back to Oxford on Sunday. Hotel TBD

1 Like

Good news, everyone: my son has hockey lessons in the middle of the Cure Bowl, so I can’t watch it. (You may recall from the Toledo loss that Miami is undefeated this season when I can’t watch because I’m at hockey lessons.)

8 Likes

NESCAC and one proud UNCW Seahawk alumnae (UNCW 80 Kentucky 74) are flying down on Friday and back on Sunday. Hoping to stay at the announced Miami hotel.

I will be there, along with my wife (aka, my better “Merger Half”).
The short drive from Ormond Beach cannot be beat.
I hope to entice other alum friends to come down and join us.

1 Like

Flight booked. I’m arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday. Just waiting to see which hotel is the designated Miami one. If that doesn’t pan out… I’m guessing it’s safe to assume there will be other hotel options in the greater Orlando area.

I know that I planned to retire the old Red & White wig after the UMass game, capping off its insane career with a victory in my home state. But I may have to bring it out of retirement so it can experience another bowl trip.

As a retiree, it’s heading to Florida.

5 Likes

As the kinda local here (having a place in Ormond Beach), a couple thoughts.
The stadium is on the UCF campus, located east-northeast of Orlando.
It is located on the good side of Orlando if you want to avoid the mess and congestion of Disney et al (unless you want to include such).
If you head to Disney or Universal or whatever, there are HOV lanes on I-4 in the downtown area (but not the entertainment zone farther south).
Bring your EZ Pass as it might save you a few minutes.
Airports are close (Orlando-Sanford a second airport for secondary airlines, and recommended).
I’m sure the Miami hotel will be fine, but plenty of other options in the area.
A few nearby places beyond the usual entertainment considerations.
Winter Park has a lovely historic town center.
Also, if you or those with you are into formal gardens, Leu Gardens is fantastic, often overlooked.
Of course, since you’re on the east side of Orlando, Kennedy Space Center and Canaveral National Seashore are great nearby destinations.

1 Like

Hopefully myself and Mrs. KG20 will be attending…any word on when the Miami hotel will be announced?

Preferred Cure Bowl hotels here, not specified by team yet. Cure Bowl – Alliance Sports Travel

Based on some of the events posted, teams likely staying at the Loew’s Portofino or Royal Pacific or Hard Rock. All are sold out.

2 Likes

I’m looking into going. By the way, I haven’t been on mht.com in years (probably a decade), but I was pretty active during the 2000’s. I’ve already seen a bunch of names I’m familiar with. Good to be back.

18 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

The bowl site says that the team hotels are available only to the team, coaches and staffs of the particular team. It won’t be like St Pete where we all spent Christmas Eve and Christmas together at the Sheraton. Hopefully Miami is trying to designate a single hotel for us and block lots of rooms.

I decided to go. My brother only lives an hour away, so I can combine the game with a family visit.

5 Likes

Just bought the flights for us. Cheap flights and hotels…once you add on the Universal and Disney tickets…Mobile and Montgomery look a whole lot more appealing.

2 Likes

The trip wasn’t looking terribly expensive… but having all day Friday and knowing a lot of money will be going to one of the theme parks that day, that changes things. Oh well, I’m fine with that.

1 Like

My feelings exactly. My happiness for the less than $300 paid for the flight tickets for the whole family disappeared after purchasing Universal Studios tickets and their Harry Potter-related stuff for my daughter.

1 Like

Got my airline tickets and game tickets today. Section 111 Row 5. I was in Row 4 in Section 107 at Ford Field and I felt like I was almost part of the team. We won so I’m staying low!

1 Like

Are we the designated road or home team? It’s usually easy to figure out because the “home” team is typically the second team listed but I’ve seen it listed both ways.