RedHawks in the NFL

Wow! That is amazing.

Gowan played his last two seasons at UCF…

Really?

I recall watching a UCF game (former MAC team as you may recall) and I heard the announcer say “tackle by Tay Gowan” so I looked it up on the UCF web site and, damn, there he was…

1 Like

Mike Brown added to the Titans 53 man roster for the last week of the season. I believe they’re playing for a playoff spot

The winner of the Titans-Jaguars game on Saturday wins the AFC South and goes to the playoffs.

1 Like

Nate Becker and Doug Costin make initial roster for Arlington Renegades in the XFL kicking off next week. Josh Allen on the DC Defenders.

1 Like

Any Miami alum / connections in the Super Bowl this year?

1 Like

Yes Dustin woods at eagle’s

2 Likes

Congratulations to former Miami DL Joe Coniglio. Joining Sean McVay’s staff in LA.

4 Likes

Hippenhammer ran 4.53 at Miami’s pro day. About what I thought he’d run. I don’t expect him to get drafted, but I think he’s good enough to get some looks by NFL teams.

1 Like

He’d be a great slot receiver.

Not NFL, but Sam Sloman is playing right now for the Vegas Vipers of the XFL. 1/1 on FG so far, not a high bar set given that before this week their kicker Bailey Giffen was 6/13 on the season.

5 Likes

Sloman 1/2 yesterday with a 53-yarder. Other Miami/MAC ties include Seattle’s DC Ron Zook, St. Louis’ OC Bruce Gradkowski, Orlando QB Quinten Dormady (who the hell watched the 2019 MACC and thought he was pro material?), and Arlington QB Drew Plitt based on a quick glance of the stats/staffs.

2 Likes

Who the hell watched Dan Raudabaugh and thought he was pro material?

2 Likes

The bartenders at Brick Street

Radabaugh played 10 years in the Arena Football Leagues which is a pro league.

He was the league MVP in 2015.

He twice led his team to the Arena League championship.

Doesn’t that qualify as pro material?

2 Likes

Wow. See, I was riffing on a previous post about “who thought Quinton Dormody was pro material” when he was in college, and I brought up our own Dan Raudabaugh. I’m well aware of his success in Philly, but I sure didn’t see his pro potential while he was in Oxford. If you did, then congrats!

It seemed pretty hilarious AND timely when I posted it. Now, not so much.

1 Like

And anyway he’s dead to me for sliding down two yards short of a first down when we were driving against UK, and had a chance to go ahead and probably win the game and go undefeated and get Mike Haywood a better gig than Pitt.

4 Likes

Joshua Allen plays for Vegas.

If you’ve heard the same stories about him in college that I have, then I don’t blame anyone who didn’t see it. @LaxDaddy is right that he had a great pro career, but it felt a bit out of nowhere.