Redbird Rivalry Week

Miami opens as a 7 point favorite. O/U is 39.5

1 Like

I believe we got a little better last week and hopefully some improvement also this week . This no doubt may be a very difficult game. Roll AV out for Short run/ pass options , use passing options to our TE’s , short out routes’, slants , etc with a few ( non fade routes ) long to medium passes. Offense play calling common sense!

1 Like

This is actual footage of us on our way to Muncie!

https://x.com/il0venostalgia/status/1726537259846099123?s=46&t=Ry6smEDGYjFubmgi-1Cn6g

Long range forecast from Accuweather for Muncie on Saturday has improved a bit. High of 45, low of 29. Sunny with winds at 7mp. Since the game time would be 12 to 3:30, we will probably start in the upper 30’s and end around the mid 40’s. Not much wind, so dressed warmly you should be comfortable. If you try to take 27 from Oxford to Richmond, be aware that there is a bridge out in Richmond and the detour adds about 20 minutes to the drive. I drove through that yesterday.

2 Likes

This is great news as I don’t believe KITT has snow tires.

Trophies so far this victory bell and bricks

1 Like

SING IT!!!

2 Likes

Hoping Mozee gets some carries this week (is he hurt?)…Amos is killing it, but Mozee has always been great, seems like he would be great compliment to Amos but just have not seen I suppose due to Amos showing all-around game.

PS Hope Amos comes back one more year, I assume he would - entire OL could be back.

3 Likes

I hope Amos comes back 2 more years.

2 Likes

Some background noise in Muncie for this weekend’s game…from The Atlantic

Is Mike Neu’s seat warming up and what does he need to do next year in order to remain at Ball State? What should the expectations be for Ball State as a program? — Andrew K.

This is a job I’m keeping an eye on as a possible change over the weekend. Neu did a great job with the 7-1 record and MAC championship in 2020, but it’s been a steady decline since, to 6-7, 5-7 and now 4-7 with one game left. He’s an alum and was given five years before making his first bowl appearance, but there are two years left on his contract after this season, and the athletic director who hired him, Beth Goetz, is now at Iowa. I’d lean toward him probably coming back next season, but I wouldn’t rule out a change yet.

The expectations for Ball State should be to get in bowl contention most years. Neu is fifth in the MAC in salary, and Sportico’s athletic department database has Ball State eighth in the MAC in football operating expenses in 2021-22. It’s not the worst job but it’s not the best. There’s so much parity in the MAC that every conference game is difficult, but none are unwinnable. It doesn’t have the expectations of an NIU or Toledo.

Ball St has improved over the past month or so, but that’s mostly down to their defense. The offense is averaging 13.9 points per game against FBS opponents not named Kent St this season and they’ve never scored more than 24 in any of those games. Seems like the kind of game where the first team to break 15 points is going to win.

Much like Buffalo, they don’t throw the ball. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Do they at least call more than 1 running play? If so, at least that’s a step up from UB.

1 Like

The line is now 6.5 and the O/U is down to 36.5. They’re expecting us to beat the Cardinals by about 21-15.

Uniform vs. Ball State

Red helmets
White jerseys
Red pants

2 Likes

I prefer the block M on all the helmets. But that’s just me. I’m also from the era of the Redskins.

Now get off my lawn.

5 Likes

Another old man yelling at clouds! Lol

1 Like

The script Miami just kind of comes out of nowhere. Doesn’t do anything to reinforce the athletic brand (the M with the chisel serifs).

3 Likes

Penn State’s brand is legendary - like a can of that Generic Beer they used to sell back on the 80s.

1 Like

Most brands have a primary and secondary typeface. Look at Nike, maybe the best known brand in the world. They have a classic block typeface that locks up with the swoosh and a script one. I think they and others do this to provide more utility in design. But, to your point, you need some guardrails or you start to lose the plot on recall. I would bet Miami has a brand style guide that defines usage rules. Most companies do.

2 Likes