Rather Quiet Around Here

Well…I’ll talk about something…

Hit a small bucket of balls at Yankee Trace today. Driver and 3 Hybrid. Inconsistent. Not driving any further than last year. Lesson scheduled next Monday. Need to increase swing speed and fix attack angle.

Then went to Kroger. Minor stuff. Wife wanted RED onions since we were grilling smashburgers later. I like yellow.

Spent much of the day finding someone to remove basketball hoop from driveway (including concrete). It’s 25 years old and it’s a nice one but getting rusty.

Grilled.

Relaxing watching several channels and their take on recent events. My word…Quite an eventful eight days.

Still getting used to total streaming. 5 cable boxes (Spectrum gone). So many apps. But yea…We still have the landline. I actually enjoy putting all of the spammers on hold.

1 Like

We had some friends over. Grilled pork chops. Cole slaw and grilled peaches and sweet corn. Earlier I cleaned our eve troughs-the outside - a brush and soap and water. Then hosed them down.they really get dirty over the winter. A one story home. That’s my day. Pickleball tomorrow.

2 Likes

My wife (class of ‘12) and I welcomed kid #3 (boy #2) into the world on Monday. Just in time to enjoy his first season of Miami football. All hell has broken loose in the house as a result, but we’re just trying to embrace the chaos and sleep-walk through these first few weeks.

17 Likes

So did you get red or yellow onions?

Geez.

1 Like

Red. When cooked, there’s not much difference in taste. I always associated red onions with salads, and not on top of burgers.

I love red onions on everything. Grilled a Prime Ribeye last night with porcini mushroom powder rub. It was terrific. Medium rare, of course.

1 Like

My lady was craving seafood last night after an afternoon in the pool. So I ran over to the seafood market, came home and put together a dinner.

We had a Jumbo Gulf Shrimp cocktail to start. I make my own cocktail sauce from scratch from Chili Sauce, fresh horseradish, lemon and Worcestershire Sauce. I pan-seared some wild caught Sea Scallops, air-fried a couple wild-caught Lobster tails and boiled two artichokes. We paired it with a nice Alexander Valley Chardonnay.

5 Likes

Swoop came to say hi. Beautiful bird

8 Likes

The Kentucky Lady and I came down with COVID. Spending the day sitting around staring. Bourbon tastes funny.

1 Like

The bourbon tasting funny is perhaps one of the worst Covid symptoms I have heard lately.

3 Likes

There is a red-tailed hawk that occupies the area I live in. I see him/her regularly. Sometimes, he is at a distance, but it seems he knows I want to see him up close. He then often flies very close and seems to flash his red tail against the sun to give me an even better view.
I think it’s an omen. We are going to dominate our schedule, be a participant in the CFP and win games in the playoffs. Color me looking through red lenses, but I am a believer!
Go Hawks!

9 Likes

Nice. They are majestic birds.

A few days ago, I saw the pictured hawk eating a garner snake. Whoever eats a snake can also eat an entire bearcat, a bobcat, and even a whole Leprechaun.

Go Hawks!!!

4 Likes

Speaking of food, my better half and I just returned from a four day weekend in Quebec City……if you’re a foodie and you haven’t visited, it is a must gastro experience

3 Likes

Playing golf at Yankee Trace this afternoon

2 Likes

Between getting the puppy the beginning of May and losing my Mom at the end of May, I feel like I haven’t had time to breathe. Mom and I shared the house, and I’m moving everything around.
Tomorrow after work, my aunt and I leave for a week at my Michigan house, and I’m off of work next week. I’m looking forward to relaxing.

3 Likes

Sad deal there. Sorry to hear but wishing you better days ahead

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s hard. Mom and I split the drive up to Michigan, unloaded the car on a Thursday night. When I went downstairs Friday morning, she was gone. For her, she spent her last evening having a good time going to a happy place rather than a prolonged illness. For me, the only child, it was such a shock. But one foot in front of the other.

Mom had preplanned her funeral after Dad passed. We had mentioned that I was buying a vacation house, and it was suggested that she buy a travel policy in case she died at the house. $400 then saved so much now that I will recommend them to everyone to consider.

5 Likes

Love it there!