Question re: sad news recently announced

Has anyone seen an actual obituary on Megan Galloway Cole’s sudden passing?

Announcements (not obit) and a GoFundMe account have been posted. Haven’t seen an official obit though.

Here’s the GoFundme link

https://www.gofundme.com/f/megan-gallowaycole

@MotherMiami There are some very sketchy accounts of her death posted but nothing I would call a standard poor. I gave up trying to find a legit one. Very strange.

Megan was one of the Seniors who helped turn around Miami basketball in Coach Duffy’s first season. She was a strong 6-2 girl who worked hard and dived on the floor for loose balls and led the cheers when she was on the bench. One of the great things about that season was seeing just how hard those Seniors who had gone through 3 losing seasons worked and just how much they enjoyed all the success they had that season. Very sad to learn of her early death.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The AI-written stories are creepy. No human would use “sudden demise” in this type of write-up.

1 Like

Yeah. This is one I found. Certainly not any kind of standard obit.

yeah…that’s exactly what I found.

1 Like

very creepy.

1 Like

Agreed.

Hello all,

I am Megan’s widow. Thank you for your notes. As many have correctly noted, most of what is online is strange AI generated content.

On Monday, we published her official obituary. Please visit, and I would direct anyone on this thread to note the information about the scholarship fund we have set up in her honor.

16 Likes

Mackenzie, thanks for posting this here. I loved watching her play, such determination and aggressive and team spirit. I am very sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

Very, very sorry for your loss

1 Like

Thanks for posting. My condolences.

1 Like

Very sorry for your loss, Mackenzie. May her memory be a blessing.

1 Like