Prediction Thursday - Toledo

PS3 NCAA Football ‘13 Prediction:
Toledo 0
Miami 17

I’m not sure how it happened. Toledo’s offense did absolutely nothing. At one point I stopped to check to make sure the difficulty didn’t somehow revert to something simple. Nope. Ty Wise had an interception and a fumble recovery. Rashad Amos had 143 yards and a TD. Oddly, Graham Nicholson missed a chip shot 36-yard attempt (and it was wide by a significant margin). But I guess trading Nicholson not being perfect for a shutout would be a fair deal.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DanSavage_live/status/1715047517904134203?t=scZic1QvWB_Hz0yYAEy6QA&s=19

Its pretty close… if not for a weighted passer rating which likes 4th quarter performance over 1st quarter and Finn has missed two 4th quarters (injury and blowout)… This game may decide MAC POY.

I REALLY hope you’re right. REALLY. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Miami 31
Little Rocket Men 28

Miami wins on a corner post set up by 20 hours of film study of deep fades

3 Likes

Miami 20
Toledo 13

Att 16,232

“Was that route a fade or a deep ball?”

The longest thread in the history of message boards, locked by the mods after it got longer than the thread about weather Butler played zone or man in 2002

2 Likes

These chumps almost lost to Ball State last week. We’re at home, where we’ve been nearly perfect since 2017 (games last year with Brett injured being the big exceptions) and will hopefully have Gage at 100%.

Good Guys 30
Tony Packo’s 20

2 Likes

RedHawks 31. Pocket Rockets 14

1 Like

This is a nail biter. CM spent a bit ot time on MHT last night re-learning football theory. A light bulb switched on and and we’ll all witness about 40% less fades and long balls against the Holy Toledos. Brett has his best game as a Redhawk throwing short and mediums and run after the catch is record breaking.

Lotta numbers favor UT but last week against Ball State shows they can be brought down to earth.

Attendance of 21,475. Everybody reads the weather report and decides to show. Miami admin decides to run Uptown’s Beer Beat the Clock at the game and a grandstand full of really obnoxious students makes it hard for them to hear and their illegal motion penelties pile up and hurt them. (Am I dreaming or what?) Four UT first downs and a touchdown called back by illegal motion because of student noise.

Redhawks 21
Holy Toledos 17 Got to always hope for the best in games like this. L/H.

1 Like

Hustle Belt gets it:

You couldn’t ask for a more exciting midseason MAC matchup.

The Rockets and RedHawks are both very balanced on both sides of the ball, which should create some fun battles between individual players.

The big names in this one are the quarterbacks but each team’s defense won’t allow anything easy. This one will go right down to the wire but the RedHawks pass rush can be the difference for them to pull out a narrow victory in front of their home crowd.

Prediction: Miami 23, Toledo 21

1 Like

Boy I started reading this thread and I was getting depressed. Where did all this pessimism come from. this team has done nothing but be impressive and have shown we can handle any kind of game. We are solid in every faze of the game. Miami 34 Toledo 24.

8 Likes

I think 19 of the 23 prediction have us winning :grinning:. I think that is pretty good when Vegas has us as a 2 point dog

1 Like

Experience is a great teacher.

Chuck has his best coaching game ever. We win by three.

1 Like

We have done a very good job of protecting our house the past two plus seasons. Keep it going tomorrow!

1 Like

Miami 34
Toledo 28

Two Nicholson field goals are the difference…

I’m trepidatious about this one, but this team deserves our confidence.

I’m saying 20-17 us, though I wouldn’t be surprised if there is more offense than that.

Looking at UT vs Bum State they had 210 rushing yards, 20 first downs and only 13 points. 1 fumble, 2 punts and 1-3 on 4th down.
Plausible that the bend don’t break defense May match up for us this weekend. I hate watching it but they don’t strategize for my viewing pleasure.
I think our D bends but make some plays. Would be great to play with a lead early. 24-13 Miami.

Miami 27
Toodlydoo 13

QQ: if we take an early lead (which I think we will), will CM play to win or play not to lose against Toledo?