Prediction Thursday - Miami vs Toledo

What? You need motivation to win every game. That doesnt mean Toledo doesnt care about any game after this one lol? We want to bury Miami for taking the title in 2023. Toledo is coming off the mat after a loss and a Bye. Theres other factors besides revenge like playing well too. But theres no revenge angle for any other MAC game as Toledo was 8-1 vs. the league in 2023.

You’re still missing the point. But whatever you need to do to get fired up for the game, go for it.

Toledo 35 vs Miami 6 (a bad week is making me very pessimistic)

Miami 16
Toledo 14

Miami still solid in the kicking game ( ace in the hole). Good D on both teams.i like your 8-5 Miami pick!

1 Like

Toledo 28
Miami 13

Toledo 42
Miami 17

Chuck still doesn’t get the play calls in in time

2 Likes

Frankly, Toledo should be a 10 point favorite.

I was thinking they should be favored by 14, but that’s a little high for a conference game. Anyway, I think we lose, and it’s not close.

35-16 UT

College Football 25 Prediction:

Miami 20
Toledo 13
(Overtime)

The defensive players were the stars of the show for most of the game. It was 3-3 until midway through the 3rd quarter, when Toledo finally started moving the ball and scored a TD to go up 10-3. Miami then went on one of the longest drives I’ve ever experienced in all of my years playing football video games. It lasted for 18 plays and it took 7:32 off the clock, bringing it down to about 5 minutes left in the game. Unfortunately, the drive stalled on Toledo’s 6. On 4th & 3, I went completely away from the analytics strategy (and maybe common sense) and chose to kick the short field goal to cut the deficit to 10-6. I just felt that outside of one big chunk play, the D had played really well and I could get a stop and get good field position to try to win it.

My faith was rewarded. The defense forced a 3 & out and Miami took over 54 yards away from the end zone.

Then Keyon Mozee took a handoff… and immediately ran 54 yards for the go-ahead score.

So I followed up an 18-play, 7:32 scoring drive, with a 1-play scoring drive that lasted just a few seconds.

Toledo responded and marched down the field to tie it with 1:00 remaining to force overtime.

Miami had the ball first in OT, and after a clutch completion from Brett Gabbert to Cade McDonald to convert on 3rd and 5, Jordan Brunson carried the ball twice to cover the last 8 yards and plow into the end zone. Miami’s D snuffed out Toledo’s offense, forcing an incompletion, a pass completion that lost 5 yards, and another pair of incompletions to end it.

Gabbert threw for 195 yards but had 2 picks (both in the red zone, so that is sort of mirroring reality here). Mozee earned POTG honors even though he only touched the ball 4 times (2 carries, 2 receptions) for 69 yards but he clearly had the play of the game. Brian Ugwu wasn’t the leading tackler but he played like a crazy man. He finished the game with 8 stops, including 4 tackles behind the line of scrimmage, and 2 sacks.

2 Likes