Prediction Thursday: Battle of the Swoops

In fine MHT tradition:

Good guys 24
Ypsilanti weirdos 23

I hope uses this game to Chuck turn the corner. But I think this game can go either way.

Miami 23
Eastern 17

I expect us to bounce back with a nice road win even though it will be scary at the end

I am going way out on a limb and predict Chuck wakes up on play calling and we put up 30 points in a 30-24 victory!

1 Like
1 Like

Good guys 24, other guys 10. I am optimistic.

1 Like

Until I see evidence that last year’s record and team wasn’t a one-off, that our loss of our ST coach and the other coaching losses (offset by the addition of several new coaches and their introduction to the Miami style of conservative play), that the loss of certain key players both for the skills they brought to the field and the psychological damage their collective departure did, that CM can call plays more effectively and bank his time-outs for better times than early in the halves, that Brett is really back to his old self, I have to go with…

EMU-----30
Miami—24

I will happily change my view once I see real and convincing progress. I love our kids and wish them all the best but the cards are stacked against them for the time being.

Plus Eastern has an extra week of prep time for this game…another negative

1 Like

EMU (fast). 27

MU (not fast). 17

Miami - 33
Eastern Michigan - 6

Extremely close matchup on paper, could see it going either way.

Miami 19
Liberty Mutual Eastern Michigan University 17

1 Like

20-17 Miami

Eagles 20
RedHawks 17

In OT

2 Likes

Until this team proves it can beat a team with a pulse I don’t see a win.

1 Like

Everyone picking us to lose–get out. Don’t need that. We need good vibes and good vibes only. Bad attitudes can leave.

Redhawks 15-12 no touchdowns.

3 Likes

Never thought I’d see the day we are all hoping to eke out a win over the likes of the EMU Eagles. But at this point any kind of a win is critical.

1 Like

Ex Redskins 20. Ex Hurons 17. Exciting close win heading into a 2 game homestand.

Nice pickup on the former mascots. Kind of funny they both settled on Swoop.

RedHawks-27 EMU-24

1 Like

College Football 25 prediction:

Miami 21
EMU 16

Miami dominated this game, which seems weird considering I needed a score and a turnover in the 4th to win it. EMU’s opening drive stalled at the Miami 40 but instead of trying the 47-yard field goal, the Eagles chose to punt it. The punt went out of bounds at the 1.

No problem. Miami casually went on a 14-play drive that covered 99 yards, capped off by Brett Gabbert finding Javon Tracy for the 14-yard TD. After forcing another punt, the RedHawks were driving again when the red zone interception happened. EMU picked off a wobbly pass at the 18 and ran it back 82 yards for the score. Miami’s offense was rattled and went three-and-out. EMU quickly marched down the field and scored to take the 13-7 lead. William Hardrick then changed momentum. He blocked the extra point. Brian Ugwu would have returned it for 2 points but he tripped over a teammate, allowing Eastern to make the tackle. The block restored momentum and Miami settled down, marching down the field and reclaiming the lead when Gabbert hit Jack Coldiron for the 5-yard score with just 20 seconds remaining before halftime.

After a scoreless 3rd quarter, EMU had the ball on Miami’s 4 but the drive stalled and the Eagles took the chip shot FG to reclaim the lead. Gabbert then led Miami on another 14-play drive (featuring a clutch 18-yard pass to Kam Perry on 3rd & 10) and Jordan Brunson cashed in from 6 yards out to move the ‘Hawks back in front. EMU moved down the field but Raion Strader’s interception at MU’s 22 put the RedHawks in position to run out the clock. After a short run forced EMU to burn its second timeout, Miami called play action. EMU’s defenders crashed in for the run and Gabbert hit Reggie Virgil for a 47-yard pass to put the game on ice.

Gabbert was 17/25 for 200 yards, 2 TDs, and the one INT. Keyon Mozee was the leading rusher with 80 yards on 11 carries but all of the Miami backs had success (Brunson had the lowest YPC with a respectable 3.8). Eli Blakey, Matt Salopek, and Silas Walters each finished with double digits in tackles.

14-10 Miami

NOT in overtime

Miami 34
EMUs 13

2 Likes