Possible Transfer Candidate?

Absolutely no news or no rumor of this, but I was watching Ohio State play a couple of days ago and saw Kalen Etzler, brother of Javin Etzler, just sitting on the sidelines. Last year he redshirted. This year he has played a total of 15 minutes in 4 games. So clearly, not a part of the rotation. 6’8" forward who was the #26 ranked PF in his class. Might not be a bad addition to our team if he ever is looking to transfer. And obviously the connection to Miami is there.

2 Likes

That would make me very happy.

2 Likes

We can only hope.

1 Like

Papa, you were reading my mind. Reminds me of many years ago a co-worker took me to see his high school team in the Kentucky tournament. They had a very good player and the team made it to the finals as a Cinderella. He had minimal offers until Joe B Hall swooped in and recruited him, while admitting he wasn’t familiar with him until the tourney. The kid accepted. He spent four years on the bench. But who knows what their goals are. If Kalen likes OSU and the academics, more power to him. Do we even have space for him?

3 Likes

I’m sure we can find space.

1 Like

We have 3 too many scholarships next year already. I’m not sure where that space would come from.

1 Like