Positives From Miami Loss To Toledo

With so many bowl slots, I would expect a 6-6 record (even in the MAC) should get us a bowl game. I presume that should be our focus now although I guess technically we are not out of the MAC East race as of yet.

3 Likes

No MAC East anymore. Top 2 records play in Detroit. We dont play Akron, WMU and Buffalo fyi

1 Like

Blanked out about about that.

After beating NIU away and destroying UMASS at home, I am actually happy we don’t play Buffalo.

1 Like

Toledo goes to Buffalo next Saturday. A game to monitor, for sure.

1 Like

May I suggest you use what I bolded, in your previous post, as your thread title?

1 Like

They had a bye too. Wondering if UConn was overlooked and NIU was being celebrated more than just on the following Sunday.

2 Likes

I can’t believe Lembo has actually worked some kind of miracle so quickly with a cobbled together roster.

They got hammered by Mizzou and UConn, but hammered their FCS and UMass and eked out the win on the road at still-celebrating NIU.

Hard to figure out what Bulls team might show up on any given Saturday.

Team has to go 5-2 to close out season just for a Bowl.

D is awful.

Can’t run the ball.

I don’t see 5 more wins.

Total team failure this season thus far

1 Like

Reversion to the mean in full display…so sad (but perhaps predictable after last year’s one off result).

1 Like

Chuck needs to fork up and pay for some better assistants, or he’s overstayed his time at Miami. Love what he’s done for the program but who isn’t sick of these 6-6 seasons almost every year

3 Likes

Yeah, Chuck, personally pay your assistant coaches more!

1 Like

I would dispute the notion that the D is awful. It was certainly good enough to beat Northwester and UC, hell it might have been good enough in the first half to beat Notre Dame. Toledo was disappointing, especially the secondary which has largely been pretty good this year, but overall the defense hasn’t been our problem.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to make it say personally. He should have negotiated a higher salary pool for his assistants…so they can get more experienced hires

2 Likes

D is ranked 87th overall

1 Like

Offense ranked 117th overall

But sadly we’ve actually been in every game. We haven’t been totally blown out in any, even at Notre Dame. We had a solid chance to make that a one score game in the fourth quarter. Cincy was a one score game until they kicked a FG with a minute left. After the first 7 minutes we even outscored Toledo the rest of the game. That’s why it’s so frustrating, I think.

He’s had a number of assistants a long time but at least on the offensive coordinator side maybe time for some new blood. Same old gunk just not working and no indication there’s any innovation or adaptation to new personal.

6 Likes

He could bring in Bill Walsh in his prime and Chuck would still call the plays. And, if I remember correctly, many here were calling for Chuck to get an extension after last season. Now we’re really stuck.

3 Likes

I have been told that our coaching budget is second highest in the MAC only behind Toledo

3 Likes