Patrick Flavin qualifies for US Open

He survived a 4 for 1 playoff to secure the last spot in his qualifier. Excited for him!

5 Likes

Did this just happen? He’s not listed on the tee times just released. I’m heading there on Friday and will definitely follow him around for a bit if I can!

2 Likes

I saw it. I’ll send the link.

Edit: here’s what I saw

1 Like

Looks like he qualified in Tucson. Gin and Juice, baby!

2 Likes

This guy just needs a good run of luck. Such a nice game.

1 Like

The link above is local qualifying. There was another step, sectional qualifying, which Patrick did not get through. He is not playing this week at Pinehurst, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Bummer. I’ll remove this thread. Very sorry!

It happens! US Open qualifying has all sorts of layers it seems. Guess I’ll just stick with following Tiger around :sweat_smile:

So this thread is now ripe for a thread-jacking given that the topic or discussion is irrelevant. So with that, can someone explain to me the origins of the Drake - Kendrick Lamar feud and what it is all about?

1 Like

Until It gets deleted (and I told Jive as I was unable to do so) I think your point is fair. To answer your question, I believe it started in an Arby’s over a carton of Curly Fries.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the love for Arby’s curly fries. Now their new crinkle fries are awesome!

4 Likes

Agree. Crinkle Fries are excellent.

Growing up in Pa…Canister of Charles Chips was delivered to our home every Wednesday. They were good.

Edit: Added two words. No big deal. I don’t like to edit, because, in an odd way, you’re admitting you made a mistake. But was it really a mistake. I say…NO! And several butcher’s aprons.

3 Likes

The issue imo is they don’t fry that shit up with any pride. However, if you take them home and put them in an air fryer you can make them crispy as all getout. Too crispy even sometimes. But way better than the third-rate effort you get handed.

In short, they started out appearing on each others’ albums. Went on tour with each other, with Drake as the headliner, in 2012. In 2013 Lamar had a line that he was trying to lyrically murder other rappers, including Drake. After that was a ten year back and forth with each one taking jabs at the other one, especially when doing guest lyrics on others’ albums.

It got hot when J Cole in 2023 said there were a big 3 GOATS of the current rap era. Himself, Drake and K Dot. Kendrick responded saying there was no big three, just him, which led to Drake making several diss tracks about Kendrick, and on a more personal level than before where as it had always been about their respective skills.

2 Likes

We got these too, along with a can of Charles chocolate chip cookies.

1 Like

And pretzels!

1 Like

WHY I LOVE THIS BOARD.

TheRock replies to Bash’s query with an earnest and informative - if somewhat long - post. He is immediately followed by Blackbird letting us how he got chocolate chip cookies along with his potato chips.

BTW, our Charles Chips driver was busted for embezzling or something. I went to elementary school with his kids. It was very sad.

2 Likes