Pacific scored 9 first half points vs Pepperdine today

Nine points. Count ‘em, nine. Who knew Pepperdine was so dominant?

How many (few?) did we score in that first half against Dayton under Charlie? Was it 9? 5?

It was 23-8 at the half.

20-8, iirc

Alex Shorts shot 0-for-11, Danny Horace went 1-for-10 and Doug Davis was 0-for-8.

The RedHawks missed their first 16 shots.

Chuck is right. The box score link doesn’t work

From that article:

The RedHawks (3-8) made only 8-of-60 shots (13 percent) from the field and shot 3-of-33 (9 percent) in the first half to fall behind 20-8, their fewest points in a half ever.

From the Dayton Daily News:

83 points: Dayton 60, Miami 23 (Dec. 29, 2001)

“Nobody was quite certain whether it was Dayton’s aggressive defense or Miami’s pathetic shooting that resulted in such a poor performance by the RedHawks,” wrote Bucky Albers in the Dayton Daily News, “who made only 13 percent of their shots in losing their third straight game and third in a row to the Flyers. It was probably a little of both.”

Miami missed its first 16 shots and scored eight points in the first half. Dayton led 20-8 at halftime and put the game away with a 29-1 run early in the second half.

Yes, it was 20-8 at half. Pretty crazy to have 8 points at halftime and not be out of the game. Didn’t EMU set or tie the record with 4 points not too long ago?

1 Like

Witnessed that UD game that night…I can still her Papa KG20 leaning over and shouting to me “They’re not gonna get out of the teens!”

I remember Dayton fans asking me “What’s wrong with you guys?” I replied “It’s 10-4 with 6 minutes to go, you’re not exactly shooting lights out either.”

On the bright side, we beat UD at Millett the next year and Chet Mason and Danny Horace made Sportscenter’s top 10 plays of the night for their fast break bounce pass/dunk combination.

2 Likes