Other Games (Non-Miami College Football)

Georgia is really, really good……

Who wants to see that? Nobody outside Ohio for the most part.

First game drew 17 million viewers. I don’t have outside Ohio numbers. Would a TCU-Michigan matchup do better? Maybe. Maybe not.

And… (Edit)…the most-watched college football game (excluding bowls and conference championships) on any network since 2011.

The camera crew at the AAC game can’t resist the eye Candy in the Tulane student section. Understandable! Lol

You had two 11-0 undefeated teams with great traditions ranked 2-3. It was by far the premier game last week. But it ended in a blowout. A rematch might make sense if the OSU loss had come early in the season - like USC’s first loss to Utah. But it happened just last Saturday…

The top 4 will be UGA, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. TCU’s 1 loss was in overtime against a team they beat, they should get in and keep their spot.

3 Likes

Agree. Still hoping for the OSU-UM match-up though.

America having to deal with the birth of a second Michigan - Ohio State game on December 31……

1 Like

It could be worse!!!

2 Likes

Well, all of the Ohio State fans who were complaining about the division standings and saying that Purdue shouldn’t be in the Big Ten title game can now be quiet.

Purdue lost to Michigan by only 21.

1 Like

Interesting game. Purdue dominated many of the stats. Nice season for them.

1 Like

On a neutral field, too, not on Ohio State’s hallowed turf.

As expected…OSU vs. Georgia and Michigan vs. TCU.

1 Like

Montana State’s dual QB offense is on display tonight at 10:30 on ESPN2…vs William & Mary from the CAA. Live from Bozeman - John Dutton and his favorite Senator should be there - in a warm suite with a full bottle of Bullock’s.

1 Like

Stayed up and watched the second half of Sac State vs UIW. Worth it. Sac plays a 2 QB system. Multiple lead changes all night. Sac scored after its second successful on-sides kick to grab a 4 point lead with 1:32 left. UIW scored on a circus catch in the end zone TD with 26 seconds left to take a three point lead. Sac State Hail Mary knocked down in the end zone and UIW hung on to win 66-63.

Highest scoring FCS playoff game in history…more than 1,000 total yards of offense…UIW goes to Fargo next week for semi-final game.

2 Likes

Many good FCS games so far. The Fighting Fred Sanford’s (who’s mascot is a pile of old rusty junk) played a great game against ND state. Well, except for the third quarter. Also, I’m gonna give you my “word” when I say I think Incarnate can win it all.

1 Like

They’ve got a punchers chance at least but venturing into the Fargo Dome has shattered lots of dreams.I actually think everybody left could win it all. I was rooting for Sacatomatoes last night because it would have sent the Bison on the road next week.

Very balanced at the top east to west this year. Poor William and Mary from the mild winter Tidewater just ran into complete shock last night with 9 degree weather, rodeo cowgirls and piles of snow all around the field. They looked up to the task for one quarter but then they started standing around the heaters. They were toast after that.

MAC championship game ratings were twice as high as the Sun Belt (who was even lower than the SWAC). Makes sense though, they were competing against the SEC.

No need to try to make sense of it. The MAC is clearly twice as impressive as the Sun Belt. End of story.

1 Like

Watching SD State and HC - good game…

Jackrabbits have an interesting fight song. Catchy tune!

https://www.google.com/search?q=south+dakota+state+fight+song&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a19e4767,vid:xCksKQQ2Xfg

1 Like