Other Games (Non-Miami College Football)

TD Kent and CMU didn’t put up much of a fight…Kent going for a 2 point conversion. Close to being in for the 2 points and is under review. Ruling is that Kent didn’t get in…CMU still up 40-30.
And then CMU marches right down the field with their running back Nichols ripping off nice gains and the TD to go up 47-30.

2 Likes

Kent loses, but the outcome is pretty much irrelevant. We still need to beat them to go the MACC. Beating BG would be a good idea (in addition to the obvious reason) in order to avoid a potential 3-way tie with Kent and Ohio and have to worry about tie-breakers. KSU has given up 101 points in their last 2 games, and our offense has been clicking. Win out and get back to Detroit!

1 Like

The big Kent loss means we’re tied for first with identical 4-2 and 5-5 records. Ohio is 3-3 and 3-7 overall. The Bobcats beat us but lost to Kent. One of us - Kent or Miami - will finish no worse than 5-3. If the Bobcats beat Toledo and BG, they’d finish at 5-3 and 5-7 overall. They’d own a tiebreaker against us but lose a tiebreaker to Kent. I’m not sure what the MAC playoff determinants are but if Ohio ended up winning two and tied with Miami, they might end up in the MACC with a losing record and possibly be ineligible for a bowl even if the won the MACC game. Does anyone know if this nauseating scenario is possible? Our best course of action is simply to beat the crap out of both BG and Kent and forget the Hell about Ohio.

Just looking at the schedules, it’s interesting how the MAC set it up. KSU now has 9 days off before their next game against Akron. But then has to play us on a normal week. We play BG on a normal week this week, but then get 10 days off before playing KSU. Could be a small advantage for us, or might not mean anything. Just found it a little strange

1 Like

Seems like we play worse with time off

These are the scenarios as I have it. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Basically, if we finish 5-3 in the MAC, our only path that wins the East is if we lose to BG, beat Kent, and OU loses 1 of their last 2. A 3-way tie at 5-3 with OU and Kent would go to Kent because either way, they will have gone 4-1 vs. the East whereas OU and we would’ve gone 3-2. The only path for OU to win the East is if they win out, we lose 1 out of 2 and Kent loses out.

On the other side, if NIU wins 1 of their last 2, they win the West because a loss to Western in their last game would still leave them a game ahead. If NIU loses both games, then there will be chaos.

1 Like

Chaos - wasn’t that the name of the bad guys on

Get Smart

1 Like

KAOS

2 Likes

UnHoly Toledo!

Sanford leading Florida 42-35 at the half. Has football genius Dan Mullen worn out his welcome in Gainesville?

Am I seeing this correctly? Kansas is drilling Texas?

A little chilly today at the Shoe. Offense was ridiculously efficient. OL was moving people again.

Stroud is so mature…and a long way from home (California).

Kansas Texas game was amazing! Jayhawks, leading by a TD, picked off a Texas pass in the end zone with a little more than a minute to play. Texas had all three TO left so they forced a three and out and got the ball back with a few seconds left and scored to tie it at 49. Horns scored first in OT and kicked the PAT. Kansas scored and went for two. The got it an won. Broke a 56 game road losing streak! 56 friggin’ games!

2 Likes

I’m amazed at how bad Kansas has been at football for so long….

2 Likes

After tonight, 4 teams can win the MAC. Miami/Kent will be for the East Division. It’s down to NIU and Central for the West. NIU needs to win 1 of their last 2 or Central to lose 1 of their last 2 to win the West. Central must win out and NIU must lose out for Central to win the West. The 5-3 scenario in the West would go to NIU because the worst they can finish against West teams is 4-1.

NIU beats Buffalo in OT, 33-27 to clinch MAC West.

Man, NIU RB Ratkovich is a load! Tough opponent for us in the MACC.

1 Like

NIU wins the West with a 33-27 win at Buffalo in overtime. Buffalo made a 55 yard field goal with about a minute left to tie the game at 27. NIU missed a 38 yard field goal at the end of regulation. Buffalo got the ball first in overtime and QB Myers dropped the snap on 3rd and goal at the 2. Then on NIU’s ensuing possession, they scored on the first play to win the game.

If we make it to Detroit, I was hoping to see NIU there. Not that they aren’t very good and couldn’t beat us, but CMU is rolling right now. I did not want to try to slow them down again. NIU is a solid team, but they don’t scare me as much

1 Like

Redhawks16 - My sentiments exactly. CMU has been playing extremely well since we beat them - winning big. Nichols is a beast and Richardson has settled in at QB. I didn’t want to try to beat them for the 3rd time in 24 months. Beat Kent State!

Agree although I think either NIU or CMU would provide a big challenge for us…both have punishing running games.

Gotta beat Kent before we worry about it, eh?

Will our fake trophy with NIU be on the line if we play them in the championship game?

1 Like