Other Games (Non-Miami College Football)

I caught a bit of Gameday this morning. They were in Cincinnati and had Nick Lachey on as the guest. He said “we” a lot when referring to the Bearcats and gushed over them. Not that Miami was relevant to the segment, but it was kind of shitty to heap praise all over our rival and act like he was a Cincinnati grad or something.

I couldn’t stomach watching it.

Shouldn’t Nick Lachey be a fan of USC?

1 Like

I created my new thread before I saw this. It rankled me, too. All he wanted to do was be adored by the UC fans.

Not so! WKU-MTSU is today.

1 Like

Definitely some good ones today….
Just watched a heartbreaking USAFA/ARMY game in OT.
Hope to see NAVY knock out ND.

Jeff Brohm is turning Purdue into quite a solid team

1 Like

Bearcats doing EVERYTHING humanly possible to shit themselves in their GameDay visit game. .

The Big Ten West is still Wiconsin’s to lose because they have the tiebreaker, but Purdue has Indiana and Northwestern left while Wisc has Nebraska and Minnesota. I definitely like Purdue’s odds.

Watching Oregon at Washington on ABC. Tonight’s game is a graphic example of the toughness Miami fans have never been able to muster. Huskies fans don’t stay home because in just might sprinkle. Purple ponchos everywhere in Husky Stadium tonight. They make them in red, RedHawks!

Why would Miami fans show up in the rain when they barely show up in the sunshine?

That’s part of the reason why - if we continue on our current trajectory - our fan base eventually won’t fill Talawanda’s stadium for our Homecoming game on a beautiful day. Our program needs to rekindle an era where we’d play - and compete with - anyone anywhere and our fan base needs to commit to attending our games in sunshine, rain or snow. Until then, Miami mediocrity is our fate.

Exactly!

1 Like

That onus falls directly on the AD to create an atmosphere that draws fans to the games (exclusive of the actual game)

1 Like

Wednesday MACtion - Toledo up 35-10 at the half at BG.BG has to win tonight to maintain any hopes of bowl eligibility. Probably a loss to UT will take a lot of incentive out of the Falcons coming into Yager next Tuesday. Go Rockets!

Ball and NIU tied at 17 in a battle for first place in the West. Kent all over Central in the first quarter 14-0 at Mt. Pleasant. Looking more and more like Miami at Kent will be the play-in game for the MACC.

OU lost their 7th game the week before we played them and they showed up to play us. Bottom line, we need to show up and blow the doors off like we did in 2019.

1 Like

CMU turned it around now- at the end of the half. Chips 26 Kent 17. Ball up 26-20 early in the 4th at NIU.

Three lead changes in the final 2:30 at DeKalb but NIU kicks a last second FG to eliminate Ball State from the MAC West. No chance of a rematch between Miami and the Cardinals. I view that as a positive.

Chips up 40-24 but Kent is driving…late in 3rd q.

1 Like

CMU’s tackling is terrible on this drive…Kent knocking on the door.