Northwestern Kick-Off Time

Cincy,
Your memory of that game seems better than mine. I would not have known Hermann was the QB or the 3 interceptions, only that we played well without our starting QB.

1 Like

Think 79 was the year Miami won at UK. 1980 was my freshman year and I think I would remember that.

1 Like

You are correct, Miami beat UK in 79. Cincy kid and I had everything else right about the Purdue game except the year. It was 1980, not 82. Sucks getting old😒

3 Likes

Dare I get off topic from the Miami-Purdue game in 1972 or whatever but does anyone have access to an East Lot parking pass for the Northwestern game that they’d be willing to part ways with?

1 Like

Was also at the UK game. Our seats were low in a corner of the end zone-right where Don Treadwell laid out to catch the winning td. My other memory was after the game, all the tobacco and horse barons taking off in helicopters from an adjoining field.

We were at the 73 Purdue game. I remember Chuck Varner coming up big. Dick, do I remember he ran a fake punt, or picked up a muffed snap And ran for a score or big gain? Also talked with Phil Shriver in the parking lot before the game.

2 Likes

I do have a memory of Varner running down the field and being up and screaming. But I don’t remember how that happened.