NHL 2024-2025 Thread

Since Miami’s socials haven’t posted a list like other schools have I looked at all the NHL training camp rosters to find former RedHawks-

Reilly Smith - NYR
Ben Kraws- DAL
Curtis McKenzie- DAL
Sean Kuraly- CBJ
Matthew Barbolini- TOR
Grant Hutton- NYI
Louie Belpedio- PHI
Kiefer Sherwood- VAN
Carson Meyer- ANA
Blake Coleman- CGY
Jonathan Gruden- PIT
Alec Martinez- CHI
Jack Roslovic- CAR

And someone on here said Derek Daschke is at Avs camp so there could be more that just aren’t listed on the rosters like him, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if Miami posts something.

2 Likes

Also Austin Czarnik is no longer in the wings org-

https://x.com/derek_j_obrien/status/1815050838336733336?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

And Josh Melnick is playing in Finland after years of being in the AHL

That was me. :slight_smile: Daschke was on the Avs roster for the rookie faceoff last weekend, but it doesn’t look like he actually made the training camp roster. He’s signed with the Colorado Eagles, the Avs AHL team, so hopefully he can do some good things up there!

1 Like

Ahh I hope he does well! :slight_smile:

Oops, I started another NHL season thread, I didn’t see this one :grimacing:.

Thanks for listing out all those with Miami ties! Will be interesting to see who ends up making opening night rosters.

1 Like

I’d say Smith, Kuraly, Sherwood, Coleman, Martinez, and Roslovic will probably make opening night rosters. Meyer, Hutton and Belpedio might be battling for spots and the others I’d be kinda shocked if they did

2 Likes

Reilly Smith vs Grant Hutton on right now with NYR/NYI

Update: Grant Hutton scored!

1 Like

Carson Meyer also had a goal last night!

https://x.com/hockeyjoseph10/status/1838779405818122395?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

Roslovic scored his first as a Hurricane tonight!

Our color analyst, Tripp Tracy, was super complimentary of him tonight in the post game and mentioned he may be from Columbus and a Buckeye, but he actually went to the very fine hockey historied school of Miami (of Ohio). I’ll be sure to correct Tripp on how to refer to our school the next time I see him at the dog park :laughing:

1 Like