New Scoreboard

Looks like the scoreboard at Yager is getting a much needed upgrade.

5 Likes

I hope they don’t replace it with a black curtain!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Overdue, but certainly welcomed. Should improve gameday experience in stadium. Hopefully they also improve the audio around the stadium as well.

2 Likes

finally, real-time out-of-town scores

2 Likes

Would have been cheaper to replace the burnt out bulbs.

3 Likes

Maybe they found the old Miami Field clock opposing coaches loved do much!

3 Likes

Probably add Sean mcvay is why they replace the black curtain on the back of it

You joke…but remember the first or even current basketball Scoreboard with video was like an Ebay grab from 1996 Olympic, LOL…

Will be interesting to see what goes up.

2 Likes

An exploding fireworks feature would be a nice add…or water cannons.

1 Like

I vote to have the ghost of I.M. Pei design a 50-foot tall Redhawk sculpture that breaths a jet of fire every time we score a touchdown. Anything less is kindergarten stuff.

3 Likes

Is that fact? If so, that’s amazing.

Nearly a fact…something very close to that…LOL

1 Like

We should take the old scoreboard to a field and blow it up in a cataclysmic made for Twitch paid experience. Winning bid gets to push the igniter, rest of us watch online. Launching it in a catapult would be fine as well.

1 Like

Bring back the old Miami Field clock. Talk about publicity!

1 Like

Nobody can find it. It was originally on display at the College Football Hall of Fame at Kings Island. It went with the Hall when it moved to South Bend and went into storage in Atlanta while the current Hall was being built. I have been to the Atlanta facility twice. It is not on display there. When I inquired as to its whereabouts there I was given a contact name to email. I emailed that person a couple years ago and nobody there had any recollection of our old clock scoreboard.

There was nothing like trying to figure out the time left in the game on that clock.

1 Like

The fact that I can remember seeing that clock says something about me. Almost wish they could have a replica somewhere else at or near the stadium. … I can see why opposing coaches would have hated it. - lol

1 Like

Speaking of the old clock, I found one of my old pictures from the last game at Miami Field. I think those two guys should be pretty recognizable. Should be about November of 1982.
I also have/had a pic or two of students swarming the goal posts, but I haven’t been able to find those in a while. Probably buried in a box somewhere.

7 Likes

What a tremendous shot! Just lovely. Thanks for posting!

3 Likes

Tried that, but there’s only so many replacements for Lite Bright

1 Like