New Ryan Field

I know…I had missed this projection just glancing at the article…800 million…what, for a 35K college venue.

Wonder if Miami will ever see a “new” Millett?

Yep, but they prolly do need to do something…I have been there numerous times and it is very dated in most every way.

But $800 mil???

The newest NFL stadiums are almost $2 Billion.

For a state of the art stadium at 35k seating capacity in a metro area $800 million sounds about right.

TQL Stadium in Cincy was built for $250 million for FC Cincinnati.

Those Chicago unions are expensive.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking…TQL is 26-27K with state of the art led light panels, hybrid grass/synthetic turf, artificial UV light panels for growing grass, premium clubs/store…so was thinking maybe 300 to 400, even 500$…but nearly a 1B with overruns for a 35K CFB stadium, wow!

To satisfy my curiosity, I googled up TQL stadium…it’s really quite visually impressive!

1 Like

Voted world’s best…for the moment!

$800M/35K = $22,857.14 per seat

if this isn’t the definition of “eff-off” money, i don’t know what is…team loses to 1-AA and then a .500 MAC team and drops almost a BILL… whatever

and i get it… its privately funded, ryan family dropped over $400M for this and academic programs…

/crankyoldman

1 Like

It’s no different than if they made a sequel to Brewster’s Millions called “Brewster’s Billions” where you get to watch one man piss away a colossal amount of money. Actually, it’s pretty different as Pryor was a comedic legend. Also, did I just date myself with the reference?

I would say it’s not the best in the state. I really like TQL, but it has a lot of things that aren’t fan-friendly (sight lines from the concourse are non-existent). It’s also missing a lot of the technology the newer soccer stadiums have from a field perspective in the Midwest. But it is nice.

Nah…its great…C-bus built their’ s on a week.

TQL is a gem…there’s about no one who knows that questions this…

That’s where we’re still missing a Lew Nichols type back. Buffalo has one.

Oops! Wrong thread!

I’ve been in both. I’m familiar with both. I have multiple college friends who are in leadership positions for FCC. They cut a ton of corners to save cash. Corners CBus didn’t cut. And are you saying CBus’ was built in a week? You might want to look into how long each one took to build.

1 Like

I’m saying I’m a season ticket holder @TQL…and and the entire Global soccer community think you are wrong.

End of story.

Want me to point to thread after thread online about the comparison? Happy to start linking. Remember, I’ve been in both and I’m very familiar with the ins and outs of both. TQL doesn’t even have artificial grow lights for winter

Yes they do…they are mobile. Want me to load a pic…seen them in person.

This is dumb, and maybe a microcosm of your arguments…TQL is voted best, by people know a lot more than you.

Done…Cbus and Crew lame…not voted.

Show me the vote. Keep in mind, I’m an FCC fan because of my ties to the area and team. But I’m not a fan of rose colored glasses.