New Hot Seat article on The Athletic

I have never understood how Doug convinced the powers that be that it’s OK to say Miami (Oh) which is awkward and open to a bunch of pronunciation interpretations but not socially correct to put an “of” between Miami and Ohio - marrying us to the state in which we exist.

Most people who know anything about sports know exactly what school I’m talking about when I say Miami of Ohio. If they don’t know about college sports they give me the dog sideways tilted head look and beg an explanation. If I just say Miami University most places outside Ohio, I also need to give the clarification and history lesson because 90% assume it’s in Florida. I think it’s better to identify with our university being “of Ohio” than leave people assuming “of Florida.”

Miami Florida…Miami Ohio. Reminds me of the time KnightRidder got tricked into thinking KARR was KITT. (In case you didn’t watch, KITT had an evil clone named KARR and it created endless confusion for everyone.

1 Like

OK

1 Like

I aim to make people laugh. So I’ll do a quick follow up survey on behalf of our recent outbound comedy effort: “how would you rate Yellow Industries comedy initiative from a scale of 1-10. Your answers will remain confidential and will help us to improve our customer experience.”

1 Like

At least worthy of this Knight Rider intro:

1 Like

I should have made that theme song my wedding song.

your bride would have to be at least 20 years younger…

lol

2 Likes

Yet she was 50 years older…

1 Like

A school’s prestige and selectivity doesn’t make anyone intelligent or rational. I’ve met plenty of Ivy League grads who weren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

3 Likes

I like when the one in Coral Gables is identified as Miami of Florida.

5 Likes