Neat Collaboration Between Miami ESP Program/MLB

1 Like

“How can MLB reignite the love of and connection with baseball from a broader and more passionate fan base?”

Hey, Entrepreneurship 461 students! I have an idea for your next project. And you can walk to it!

1 Like

I think I would have loved that class.

1 Like

Salary cap?

Can we do this for Miami athletics??

1 Like

Back in the day, I took “Economics In Sports” at Miami. My major project was a cost-analyses on the Idaho State University Minidome. My small project was an analysis of “The Miami Student” athletic travel budget.

Great class.

1 Like

I’ve been in the Mini-Dome - home of Pocatello’s Bengals.

1 Like

Worst stadium I’ve had the pleasure of visiting.

I thought Idaho’s Kibbie Dome was worse…seemed like a football field crammed into a WWII airplane hanger.

1 Like

Took a “Physics In Sports”, a survey 051 level class. (i.e. Physics for Dummies!) Dr. Joseph Priest, who was Dean of Physics Departmentl, was the professor. Was small class and Dr. Priest came in every day with a big smile and you’d have thought it was the only class he had that day, that week or that quarter. He was absolutely fabulous. I’d already had him for another 051 level class and just loved the man’s teaching style. I met him again a couple years later when I went back out for track and he ran the discus event. I remember walking to the event to sign in and there was Dr. Priest. He saw me, walked towards me with a big smile and we shook hands. Two years after I’d taken his classes he still remembered my name and I was estatic. Years later he was on the cover of The Miamian Magazine as Educator of the Year. Years after that I remember reading about his passing in the obituaries in The Miamian and just sat there and cried like a baby. By far my favorite professor in all my Miami years. Love & Honor! Dr. Joseph Priest

3 Likes

Sounds like fun. I took the same course in 79. Somebody else taught the class though.