NCAA Tournament Thread

There was one, just no live video feed

Dunno how the selection committee usually acts, but I suppose they take strength of schedule heavily into consideration. I think we should be a 2, but you do have to admit our SOS isn’t amazing.

If you scroll up, you’ll see I predicted 12 or 13 teams. All 13 teams were in the Massey top 36. Ole Miss was the last of them in.

I was surprised they said Louisville who we beat from the ACC was the second team left out.

Which mostly comes from conference play. Can’t really help what teams are in our conference. They’re all levels below us

4 Likes

and our conference RPI is 16… below the Summit (15), Big South (14), ASUN (11), and Southland (10).

1 Like

I thought they mentioned on the broadcast that Ole Miss was the last team in the field and only got in because there were no bid stealers in the conference tournaments.

2 Likes

Looks like we did have a watch party that wasn’t picked up but ESPN.

Somewhat off-topic: As someone who has worked in the hotel industry, sites like Kayak and Triivago are … okay? but not advisable. While you may be saving money, you are also paying those sites a commission that may make your total not that much of a difference if you booked with the hotel directly.

Also, if you book with the hotel directly they may give you a better rate depending on the date - and will usually be MUCH more flexible to work with you if you have to cancel/need to change dates compared to if you went with Kayak, Trivago, or any other third-party booking site.

3 Likes

Tech grad degree?

Thanks. I always compare with the hotel’s direct rate online. My go-tos first are usually Priceline and its partner Booking.com. I’ve had good luck with them directly.

3 Likes

Nope. From UVA.

1 Like

Ahhhhh. Missed the tongue in cheek there

As a dad still getting over the sting of out of state tuition……. Lol

UVA must be destroyed.

3 Likes

I just don’t know, but I do know that the NCAA doesn’t seem to care one bit about the disrespect and the ultimate destruction of the mid majors in all sports.

2 Likes

I think we left a good impression on the Oklahoma faithful.

5 Likes

Knoxville weather looks like deja vu of last weekend in Akron.

As of Wednesday morning, the forecast is becoming even more brutal.

More love for Miami and Karli Spaid.

4 Likes

There was a whole article on how we got to be the premier hitting team in the country. Very well written

1 Like

So cool

And my oldest daughter and I are trying to agree on a wager for the UVa game (she graduated from there last year)

“Geeze Dad. Look at your record and how many home runs they’ve hit!”

1 Like

Get better odds by reminding her many have been against MAC pitching. Don’t mention the four they hit off Oklahoma.

1 Like