NCAA Tournament Thread

This site projects us as a 3 seed in Stillwater. I don’t think whoever runs this knows what they’re doing, though, because they have Washington in our region as a 2 (they should probably be a 1). Princeton is the 4, and geographically, this makes no sense for any of the teams. I think maybe they’re just using RPI and going right down the line or something.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/softball/bracketology

1 Like

This could hurt us. Only 1 top-50 win. 41 of our wins were against teams outside the top 100. We blew out/run-ruled many of them, but you can’t deny we had a rather soft schedule. I think if we beat Oklahoma, Georgia, or Mississippi, we’d have been a lock for a 2. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us stuck with a 3 again, though.

I think the 1,2 would be shitting bricks if we end up a 3 in whatever region we go to.

2 Likes

That graphic is taken from D1Softball and isn’t accurate because those rankings have Louisville at 49. Also, breaking it out by RPI doesn’t take into account the fact that we only got to play two of those top 100 games at home.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t like RPI very much.

Here’s the list of automatic qualifiers. SEC is likely to get 11 or 12 more teams in besides Florida.

The Redhawks and Kumar go to Knoxville!

2 Likes
  1. (3) Tennessee
  2. Virginia
  3. Miami
  4. Dayton
1 Like

We are a 3 seed that plays like a 1. That bracket is all kinds of mad they got us.

1 Like

Welcome to that $1,000 a night Marriott!

Payton Gottshall seeing Miami pop up on screen

2 Likes

Total screw job that we didn’t get a 2 seed, but Virginia should have been a 3 seed so it ultimately won’t matter outside of potential super regional hosting scenarios.

I actually don’t hate this draw. Virginia is a very weak 2 seed and we know that we can beat Gottshall.

4 Likes

Massey Ratings:

Yep, Miami is the 29.

2 Likes

I hope we run rule Virginia.

6 Likes

We’re 2-0 vs the ACC this season so there’s that. Maybe we can carpool with UD.

For the record, Dayton win both the A10 regular season and conference championships in softball

1 Like

Hyatt Place Downtown - $1,125 a night this weekend.

So we beat the Ragin Cajuns and they host a Regional. Hmmm. Somebody wanted Gumbo.

1 Like

Paired regional:

1. (14) Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. SELA
  4. USC Upstate
1 Like

Rain in the forecast all three days in Knoxville. We should feel at home.

1 Like