#MoveInMiami Day of Giving

It started yesterday and carries thru Thursday till midnight. I chipped in my donation yesterday. How’s everyone doing with theirs?

I made a donation and split it between the pre-law program and the football team.

3 Likes

Donated to the Marching Band and advised them to restore their historic visibility as university ambassadors and to “solve the Ohio problem” in order to travel to Athens for the Battle of the Bricks.

1 Like

Contributed to the Golf program

3 Likes

Money went to women’s basketball.

1 Like

men’s bball

Farmer and men’s bball.

I always split mine between mens and womens basketball.

1 Like

Mine went to Women’s ice hockey.

Men’s basketball. Just impressed with the great amount of progress in recent months.

2 Likes

Women’s basketball, men’s basketball, football, Miami Hillel, Miami Chabad, Stage Left.

2 Likes

Men’s B - Ball and Chuck Martin Retirement Fund ( not serious ) - also FB contribution

4700 donations totaling 4.89 million dollars in 20 hours and 27 minutes!

https://www.givetomiamioh.org/s/916/22/landing-int.aspx?sid=916&gid=1&pgid=20702&cid=41103&ecid=41103&crid=0&calpgid=4816&calcid=9345

4 Likes

Outstanding!

I will only add that whoever came up with the original idea to do the #MiamiMoveIn day of giving deserves a lot of credit.

It provided a great focal point to ask for and receive gifts that might otherwise be lost in the shuffle of everyday living for a lot of Miami alums, staff, friends, etc.

I am not sure how much (if any) it has simply replaced what would have been annual gifts otherwise contributed but kudos for the effort.

Does anyone know who had the original idea and how much, if any, it has actually increased annual giving when everything is added up?

There were so many options, so I panicked and just put it all in the Miami fund. I’m the worst. Haha

Worst? No. But you’d have been better off choosing the “mollautt Endowment for Better Carbonation at all Miami sporting events” fund

(moll, if you’re out there, your rants on Fall weddings is missed)