Miami women at Oakland Thursday night

I lost my ESPN+ connection and I went to live stats and they showed tie game with zero seconds left. About a minute later it changed to 68-66 final. Please describe the final play.

Tied, Jada Scott hits a 10 foot jumper. We’re up 2 with 0.7 to go.

1 Like

Winners!!!

3 Likes

Yea us!

1 Like

@DICK What game are you watching? No double OT. We won in the first OT.

2 Likes

I’m confused. I thought you played here. In past posts, you’ve identified as a former program member. Perhaps I’m wrong?
I ask because you said “did she” and I can’t tell if you are questioning or commenting. Do not take offense here. Honestly confused.

We have two wins and they were both amazing finishes. Huge clutch shots by Huhn And Lard in regulation and another huge 3 by Edwards to give us the lead late in OTand finally a buzzer beater by Scott.

1 Like

Coach Box and staff. Damn. This crew is gonna win very, very soon. On a grand level. Very impressive.

2 Likes

The game management and strategy and execution all had to be perfect to win that game. Something we never saw the last 3 seasons. Way to go Coach Box and everyone else.

5 Likes

Instead of finding a way to lose, we found a way to win. HUGE step forward.

6 Likes

Amber Tretter got no rebounds or points in the 4th quarter, but did get 3 assists. This was her best all around game with 19 points, 13 rebounds , and 6 assists. Jada Scott also came up big with 12 points and 9 rebounds. Lakresha Edward added 11 points.

1 Like

I happened to watch the 3d, 4th and OT part of the Hawk’s women’s BB game yesterday- great effort in the win on the road and excellent coaching. This program is headed in the right direction!

4 Likes

uhhhh…bc I was a tad busy with life during Duffy’s tenure and had heard about the talents of Lauren but did not know if she went on to play overseas. We alums are not always able to keep up with the comings and goings at Mother Miami. Do remember the Asst. at the time though, Ratterman, who kept in touch with us and wished she herself had worn the red and white instead of Flyer colors in her playing days.

Wasn’t trying to be rude, was just confused by your wording. Ps, you must be loving the new staff. Seems we are heading in the right direction.