Miami - UC may NOT be over!

STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES!

GREAT CAESAR’S GHOST!!!

3 Likes

This was an outcome (occasional neutral site games) a number of Hawk talk posters speculated might very well be a possibility in the future. I hope something equitable can be worked out to make it happen.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why we walked away from 2 home and 2 road games on the current contract.

If we desperately needed 4 extra buy games to fund the athletic department, then why not scale back on home and home games with G5 teams? We already play 8 G5 games against MAC teams plus an FCS game, so adding a random G5 team in the non conference doesn’t do much for us.

2 Likes

I think it was because Miami was scheduled to visit UC in 2025 and UC was rumored to cancel the contract in 2027 and only pay $500k for the buyout. So Miami would have played a road game and only received essentially $500k when they can make over $1m for road power 4 games

4 Likes

Well said. We can’t play a team that pays the growling bean big money for free.

UC sucks, that is all

1 Like

Kamuohio back from a 5 month hiatus with a simple but all too true insight.

4 Likes

LOL, a neutral site game a mile from UC’s campus. No thanks…

If they can find a way to split the ticket revenue and draw at least 30k (I think very reasonable), this seems like an equitable path forward. We don’t need to play UC every year, but every 3 or 4 years will keep the local Miami alums like me happy.

2 Likes

On the hawktalk show Chuck Martin said he would be fine playing at Nippert every year as long as they paid him like a P4 pays a G5

1 Like

Equitable is home and home. No reason to go play in that concrete prison.

2 Likes

Yeah, playing at Nippert every few years for a decent payday ($1MM?) would be acceptable (at least to me). Would be playing a so called P5 team which would allow many of our alums and students to attend, and hopefully a decent opportunity to pick up a win.

1 Like

Worth noting that every single game from 1899 to 1970 was played at UC (either Nippert or its predecessor field), so playing in Cincinnati all the time is hardly unheard of in this rivarly.

3 Likes

So, UC really sucked when I was at Miami in the early 90s, and Miami had some really great teams. It wouldn’t surprise me, when UC is a cellar dweller in the Big XII, the rivalry is renewed with a 1 in Nippert, 1 in Paycor, 1 in Nippert, 1 in Yager.

I’ve written on this board that CFB is probably going to have a 16 team “super-conference” similar to EPL, and the regional have-nots (Miami, Purdue, UC, Indiana, Illinois, Pitt, MTSU, Appy St, Memphis, Western Ky, etc … you get the drift) will probably schedule more closer match-ups.

I like the upcoming UNLV match-up, and like the direction of booking an interesting G5 team coming to Oxford, instead of only MAC and FCS teams. When I was at Miami back in the day, a game against UC was kind of a fan-getter, and another major promotion was having “Krazy George” at a game. A home game vs a bigger named team would’ve been delightful!

2 Likes

I would prefer playing games semiregularly at the Bengals stadium, with both teams splitting expenses and revenue and both universities promoting attendance with student busses, etc. Season tickets should include the option of tickets for the game.

4 Likes

I live in Liberty Twp. Playing at Paul Brown, sorry Paycor, is something I am fine. Takes me the same time to drive there as it does to Yager. I’d rather complain about drinks without carbonation or concession stands that close early in the third quarter. Scratch that if they will keep the concession stands open the full time and serve chocolate chunk cookies, I’ll happily go to Cincinnati.

If we play at Paul Brown/Paycor it should always be scheduled on the same weekend as Oktoberfest Zinzinnati (the largest Oktoberfest in the US and one of the largest in the world)

2 Likes

That was the case in 2022 and it was a nightmare getting to the game

1 Like

Oktoberfest has been moved east of Great American Ballpark on the Serpentine wall & further east.

There should be less conflict with Paycor

1 Like

Twas 50 years ago….