Miami men at Central Michigan Tuesday night 7:00 on ESPN+

That was absolutely embarrassing.

Mentally never showed up and missing wide open shots by a mile. This can’t happen.

I’m aware I’ve not watched much college basketball since, um, high school. But has anyone told the team that rebounding is a thing?

I expect freshmen to be up and down, but the upperclassmen need to be consistent. Mirambeaux has been such a let down tonight and Hunter looks lost on both sides.

On the bright side, it’s a team that never knows when to give up, but gotta clean up the slop and set the tone.

Some quick thoughts

• CMu looks really good. They cant shoot but they play aggressive defense - pound the boards and drive to the hoop. How did they lose to Buffalo

• we are down 18 and didnt call one timeout - how is that possible?

• we arent shooting well. Their early pressure has impacted even our wide open shoots later in the half

38 to 20 at the half. We Suck tonight. I was trying to think if even one guy played a good first half. I came up with Cooper. I could not think of any other candidates. Everybody else played poorly.

2 Likes

Coaches use media timeouts as a free timeout.

It’s because passes are at feet instead of in the shooters pocket. At least I’m guessing Mabrey isn’t the one requesting the ball at his shoelaces.

We are down 25-14 on the boards.

1 Like

40-26 at the first TO. Chips have come out cold.

Defense much better, but the offense is still rough. Cut it to 14. Need to chip away at a bit quicker pace, but hopefully it holds up.

I understand that every four minutes there is a timeout. Sometimes coaches call timeouts in between those four minutes when things are going well. They werent going well in the first half

1 Like

Hell he could’ve used every timeout for the rest of the year in that first half.

This is embarrassing

49 to 29 , TO Miami. Brian Taylor with a couple of great takes.

both teams had one possession and we got the under 12 TO.49 to 31 as Mirambeaux slips a screen and gets a layup.

51 to 38 as Hunter is warming up. TO Central.

55 to 38 at the under 8 TO.

55 to 42 with 6:35 to go. TO Central.

A bultman 3 cuts it to 8 but then Central gets a dunk and a 3 and we call TO down 13. A little over 4 minutes to go.