Miami men at BGSU Tuesday night at 7:00 on ESPN+

Miami is 13-14 ( 7-7). BG is 17-10 (8-6). Their nonleague schedule was softer than ours. Should we win tomorrow, we would be tied with BG in the MAC standing and would likely end up with the tiebreaker. BG came from behind to best us by 5 in Oxford so we would have split. The next tiebreaker is who has the best win and we beat #1Akron while they beat #2Toledo so if that holds it would give us the tiebreaker. All time Miami leads 90 to 60. BG has a small edge at home. The Falcons can clinch a bid to Cleveland with a victory, they have missed making it the last couple of years.
Southern Utah’s head coach Tod Simon took over at BG this year and brought in quite a bit of transfer talent, including a 7 foot and a 6-7 set of Aussie brothers from his own Southern Utah squad. I think they start 4 transfer portal guys, including Marcus Hill, the MAC’s leading scorer and 4 time POW.

Their main players are:
6-4 JR Marcus Hill 21.6ppg/5.1 rpg He is 5th in the nation in FGA and is the go to guy down the stretch.

6-8 SR Rashaun Agee 13.0ppg/9.5rpg He was a big problem for us the first time with his physicality and dominance in the paint.

7-0 SR Jason Spurgeon 10.4ppg/5.8rpg

6-0 SR Trey Thomas 11.6ppg/2.6rpg

They do not sub nearly as much as we do, these 4 guys play most of the time.

I do not know if Ryan Mabrey will be back for this game, or if he is back if Coach will play him. While he has been in a long slump he was ill Saturday and his minutes went to Bradley Dean and Evan Ipsaro and they combined for 34 points Saturday and shot the lights out. That is exactly 34 more points than Mabrey scored in his last 5 games. It is quite normal and expected for teams trying to win to cut the rotation late in the season.

Almost forgot to mention I am going to this game.

2 Likes

We had no one who could stop Hill the last game.

We also handed them the game in the last 5 minutes. Im hoping for the CMU Redhawks as opposed to the WMU Redhawks…

I believe we clinch a trip to Cleveland with a win and if BSU and EMU both lose.

1 Like

My wife and I will be in attendance.

3 Likes

Remember, even if the tournament started today, BGSUcks.

1 Like

It would be nice if Miami got off the “win by 25, lose the next game by 20” bus.

4 Likes

One step forward, one step back. Consistency is the cure.

For real. The final margin average of our last four games has been 22.

2 Likes

love the early substitution after the starters could not handle bugs pressure or match their intensity

1 Like

Shooting 30%, only down 4

Be nice if AM would make a fucking lay-up.

Referees barely have any control over this. It’s a slugfest with a ton of trash talk.

2 Likes

What the hell is this trend of players wearing long sleeves? Blake Anderson does it, too. It looks like shit.

25 first half points? Is it Charlie Coles Memorial night?

2 Likes

UC has 17. Granted, they’re at Houston.

I don’t like this BG team. I don’t mind physical play but they are just punks.

2 Likes

It’s incredible to me that there are people who still aren’t fans of Andy this man does everything

3 Likes

Darweshi Hunter is the best Miami player named Hunter since Ron Hunter.

4 Likes

Some big shots last several possessions.

Bultman, Ipsaro, Dean.

Need to rebound and get some stops.

1 Like

Dean has been really impressive.

4 Likes

NIU up 3 over Toledo