Miami MBB 2024-25 Roster

Everyone on the roster for next year is either a freshman or sophomore. Dean previously was the only senior returning.

Does this suggest that there might be another guard coming in beyond Cam Kraft that Dean knows about where he saw his playing time would be diminished next year?

With five scholarships available there could be some real action unfolding.

1 Like

Based on some twitter stalking, the coaches are really looking at a lot of junior/senior transfers. Very curious if any additional HS grads are signed or if all 5 spots are filled with transfers.

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised about Dean. I bet we hear some news (like signing news) in the next couple days. Will start to happen fast as summer camp isnā€™t that far away and the full team is usually together then.

Iā€™m surprised.

4 Likes

It would seem that with all the transfer activity, now would be a good time to have a full staff. Maybe Yellow has the inside on when an assistant will be announced?

1 Like

I wish I knew but I will say that I bet we are pretty close. We sorta need to be.
Ps, why am I not suprised about Dean: heā€™s a solid guard who has probably shown his full range. Cam is a step up from him. Again, no dis to Dean. Just the nature of how Steele is going to roll. Heā€™s trying to go all in every year from here on out IMO. Itā€™s a way different approach than many here are used to but a basketball roster is the only one you can flip in one year and go from worst to first. Unless youā€™re Deon and you do it in football which is much harder to do.

1 Like

Iā€™m not really surprised.i would be surprised if heā€™s not looking at Liberty as a first choice.

Canā€™t speak for everyone but I believe the surprise comes from the fact people believed Kraft was a replacement for Mabrey, not dean

1 Like

Doctor Cakes, you may be right. Either way, I canā€™t wait to see how we reload.
Ps, looking at some of the new football recruits. Epic!

1 Like

I am surprised

1 Like

I actually see Craft as being able to replace Hunter. If heā€™s healthy, which he should be after the year off, he should be scoring 12+/game. He should be more efficient with more size too.

Re:Dean - I expected Skaljac to pass him on the depth chart. Maybe Dean was reading the same tea leaves.

3 Likes

April 15, 2024 Transfer Portal Movement:

OUT OF MIAMI: (G) 6-5 Ryan Mabry, (F) 6-8 Jaquel Morris, (G) 6-6 Julian Lewis, (G) 6-2 Bradley Dean

IN: (G) 6-6 Kam Craft (Xavier/3 years)

2024-25 Scholarship Players: 8

The following players exhaust eligibility or have transferred: (4)** :
(F) 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux,
(G) 6-5 Darweshi Hunter,
(G) 6-5 Bryce Bultman
(G) 6-5 Morgan Safford

SR (0) :

JR (0) :

SO (6): (G) 5-10 Evan Ipsaro, (F) 6-9 Jackson Kotecki, (G) 6ā€™ Mekhi Cooper, (F) 6-6 Eian Elmer, (C) 7ā€™ Reece Potter, (G) 6-6 Kam Craft

FR (2): (G) 6-2 Luke Skaljac, (F) Brant Byers 6-8

[4] Forwards/Bigs: Jackson Kotecki (6-9), Eian Elmer (6-6), Reese Potter (7ā€™), Brant Byers (6-8)

[4] Guards: Evan Ipsaro, Mekhi Cooper, Kam Kraft, Luke Skaljac

7-0 Reece Potter
6-9 Jackson Kotecki
6-8 Brant Byers
6-6 Eian Elmer
6-6 Kam Kraft
6-2 Luke Skaljac
6-0 Mekhi Cooper
5-10 Evan Ipsaro

2 Likes

Doctor Cakes, random question but is the university athletics site down? I keep getting error messages when I try to visit or redirects to the general site. I figured you might know moreā€¦

1 Like

I saw an X? tweet thingy from Miami stating they are aware there are issues and the lone person in IT is working on it.

1 Like

I am the worrying type but we were told everything the program was doing was to be ready to win in year 3 and it is April 15th and we dont have a junior or senior on the roster. We have a lot of work to do in the next month

6 Likes

Tyou much. I wonder if the SSL certificate had something to do with it as I was getting a dangerous site warning when I tried to visit

2023 season:
5 players from 2022 roster (including Harrison and Etzler, who combined for 3 games)

2024 season:
0 players from 2022 roster
4 players from 2023 roster (including Lewis, who played 1 game)

2025 season:
0 players from 2022 roster
0 players from 2023 roster
5 players from 2024 roster

I get that itā€™s a new era of college athletics, but I mean come on.

1 Like

Appears so

1 Like

Deionā€™s vaunted rebuild of Colorado didnā€™t go from worst to first, he went from tied for worst to sole owner of worst. :melting_face: He did win three OOC games which was an improvement but same 1-8 conference record as his predecessor.

So if youā€™re a kid coming out of high school how the hell do you pick where you want to go? You know if itā€™s a good program and will challenge you athletically they can give you the boot if you come up short on the field or court. So you pick Miami where thereā€™s still some shread of ā€œstudentā€ in the old phrase ā€œstudent athleteā€ and you keep you nose clean, work hard in practice and do well in school but not quite good enough. They bring in some transfer from the portal and youā€™re out. WTF? It really sucks out loud doesnā€™t it?

2 Likes