Miami MBB 2023-24 Roster

6’6". Some recent articles/rankings are calling him 6’7", but I don’t think he’s there yet. Seems like he was a bit of a late bloomer, so wouldn’t be shocked if he was someone that grew another inch in college.

2 Likes

He’s a bit like Fletch in that regard. There was a variance listed for his hair as I recall.

1 Like

Judge for yourself…seems about 6-5/6-6, legit…Kotecki is 6-9.

1 Like

At least 7 are leaving. Some voluntary some involuntary. Maybe 8. 4 or 5 transfers. Some guys Mismi wants are leaving and some guys Miami doesn’t want would like to stay.

Care to enlighten us on the names? So far all we have seen reported are Tatum, Williams, Etzler, Wil Stevens.

1 Like

ouch…if true, another start over.

This guy might very well be another coach from another school trying to poach players. Pay little heed until said names are official. Too much cloak and dagger. Reminds me of one of my Clive Cussler novels!

IndyFan = Shooter

1 Like

agreed…and/or B Smith connection (i.e., “Indyfan”).

Here’s the other thing Indy (who I’m going to now call Indiana Jones) we were not good last year. A team ranked largely in the 300’s should darn well remake its roster if it has any self respect. Thank goodness we have an interest in being great again. I’ll take that change any day over stagnation.

4 Likes

I agree with that. Having said that, I think his information has always been insider and accurate. So I am guessing what he says is what is going to happen. I wonder if Coach Steele has finished all his individual conferences with players or if some are still waiting for their turn and then their final decisions.

1 Like

Definitely think we see more portal entrances in the coming days. New coaches often prioritize putting together a complete roster in the first year, then tailoring it to their preference in year 2.

Personally the only returning player I would be super bummed to lose at this point is Safford.

Welcome to the new world of college basketball.

For context, every one of Toledo’s top 5 scorers was a transfer.

Kent State had transfers from Pitt, Duquesne (2), Vanderbilt, Ball State.

The last two MAC POY came though the portal—Carry for Kent State (Duquesne) and Dennis for Toledo (Boise State).

1 Like

I was thinking that too, but it looks like Shooter has continued to lurk without posting. Could just be good opsec though. At a minimum definitely seems like someone from the same circle (and associated with one specific player).

1 Like

Mabrey, Anderson M, Morris?

3 Likes

Just based on some very player specific comments, I am guessing he is related to Billy Smith.

Agreed. My thinking going into the offseason was that we had four guys we definitely didn’t want to lose (Safford, Mirambeaux, Morris, Mabrey); two guys with no clear role moving forward (Harrison and Rylee); and four guys who would be contributors if they came back, but wouldn’t be devastating to lose (Tatum, Williams, Lewis, Smith).

11 Likes

I can’t disagree with that breakdown, Q.

After Billy Smith portal announcement

2023-24 Scholarship Players: 12

SR (2) : (F) 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux, (G) 6-5 Morgan Safford

JR (2) : (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) 6-6 Julian Lewis;

SO (3) : (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-5 Ryan Mabry, (F) 6-8 Jaquel Morris

FR (5): (G) Evan Ipsaro 5-10, (F) Jackson Kotecki 6-9, (G) Mekhi Cooper 6’, (F) Eian Elmer 6-6, (C) Reece Potter 7’

[7] Forwards/Bigs: Anderson Mirambeaux (6-8), Curtis Harrison (6-7), Mitchell Rylee (6-8), Jaquel Morris (6-8), Jackson Kotecki (6-9), Eian Elmer (6-6), Reese Potter (7’)

[5] Guards: Julian Lewis, Morgan Safford, Ryan Mabry, Evan Ipsaro, Mekhi Cooper

@Nickskin one minor note—if he is on the team next year Curtis Harrison will be a RS Sophomore

He and Rylee, though, are the two biggest question marks imo when it comes to next year’s roster.