Miami ice Hockey first game less than a month away

Do those well connected to the Hockey program know of any pre opening game activities ( open practice last fall on a football Saturday was excellent)?

1 Like

Tough to be excited about Miami hockey these days. `

1 Like

BLC is hosting a meet-the-team event on Sept. 30.

On Twitter/X

1 Like

Hopefully lots and lots of practice. It’s been hard to watch the last few years. We finally gave up our season tickets as it’s hard to get to game with kids activities and not much to get excited about… hopefully a resurgence wil
Come but I’m not optimistic

1 Like

Thank you,Sir! Appreciate the help, Bonk!!

2 Likes

We’re in for two!!

Is it BLC exclusive?

1 Like

They’re just sponsoring the event. It’s open to the (paying) public.

2 Likes

The 2023-24 media poll is out. A total of 28 ballots were submitted by local media members from each school, as well as select national media. Points were awarded on a descending scale with a first-place vote worth eight points, a second-place vote worth seven points, and so on. Denver is the preseason favorite. With 28 total points, we are projected to finish eighth. That means EVERY media person submitting a ballot picked us to finish in last place.

2023 NCHC Preseason Media Poll

1. Denver – 199 points (11 first-place votes)
  2. North Dakota – 175 (12)
  3. St. Cloud State – 155 (2)
  4. Western Michigan – 126 (2)
  5. Minnesota Duluth – 123 (1)
  6. Omaha – 113
  7. Colorado College – 89
  8. Miami – 28
1 Like

Do we at least get a Certificate of Participation at the end of the season?

Not that it will make a difference but hopefully that’s hung in the locker room for motivation.

1 Like

Poll says hockey will suck yet again. :melting_face:

Hi Lurker,
I hope you, Mrs. Lurker, and the little Lurkers had a nice summer. It’s good to see you back again. I sorta think it marks the start of fall.

1 Like

We’ve got 'em right where we want 'em!

In seriousness, anything lower than a strong 6th, and there needs to be a change. By strong, I mean the following:

*Finishing 6th but competing for 4th or 5th late into the season
*A few surprising upset wins
*No more than a couple of embarrassing blowout losses

The time for “eye tests” has passed. Judgement will be based solely on scoreboards and standings.

When does Arizona State join the league?

1 Like

‘24-‘25 season.

1 Like

Well the season is over, Albin Nilsson tore his meniscus, had surgery and is out for at least the first half :sob:

I was really hoping he’d come in and undo the curse he put on the team when he scored the game winner against us on New Year’s Eve which they somehow never recovered from

Miami Hockey is statistically overdue for several positive breaks.

2 Likes