Miami hosts CMU This Weekend!

Double header tomorrow and the finale on Sunday, this basically determines who will win the MAC. Miami (16-7 in MAC) currently sits one game behind CMU (17-6) in the MAC standings.

1 Like

Go us!

If I was living in the 513, I’d make the drive to watch.

Does the regular season champion host the MAC tournament?

Miami takes game 1 to snap CMU’s 11 game winning streak. There’s now a three way tie at the top of the conference between Miami, Ohio, and CMU. Regular season champ hosts the conference tournament.

2 Likes

Finally some news worth reading!

1 Like

Miami up 6-0 after 2 in Game 2. You can watch a pretty high-quality telecast on YouTube here:

Miami wins the second game, 8-0 in 5 innings to move to 18-7 in conference play. Ohio had their second game suspended. They are currently 17-7. I am assuming that if we end up tied with them, head-to-head is the tie-breaker. We went 2-1 against the Bobcats, so it seems that a win against CMU tomorrow would clinch the #1 seed for Miami.

6 Likes

Big sweep of CMU this weekend! Miami now 19-7 in conference play.

Ohio is currently playing WMU and up 2-1 in Top of 3rd.

It will come down to the final series for who gets to host the tournament!

1 Like

Ohio swept WMU. Now Miami and Ohio are tied with 19-7 conference records.

The standings show Miami above OU…I assume this is due taking 2 out of 3 in our series with them?

Miami plays at Kent on Friday 5/5/23 and DH Saturday 5/6/23.

Ohio hosts Buffalo with DH on Saturday 5/6/23 and single game on Sunday 5/7/23.

Buffalo is 6-17 in conference (12-35 overall) and Kent State is 12-12 in conference (17-29 overall).

Sweep Kent State and Miami hosts MAC tournament?

5 Likes