Miami Gamenotes v.Northwestern

2 Likes

Not a lot of shockers.

Nank to center and Borders to RG.

Our o-line is big.

Caleb Tubbs will get the first crack at the corner spot opposite Strader.

Braylon Isom is the only true frosh I see on there.

I imagine we’ll see the all running backs listed at some point on Saturday.

Man our d tackles seem light, but Hilton has a ton of experience obviously.

2 Likes

Might be time to stop referencing the IPF and Football building…its been a few years…

2 Likes

Saw CBS Sports blurb on line today about the game. Was mostly about NW HC staying mum on who their starting QB was…but, there was a reference to our alma mater that did my heart good. The article open s up saying that NW was taking on “MAC power” Miami!

Now, for the younger grads here among us you probably didn’t realize that in the years of Ben and before, in the press, Miami was routinely referred to as “MAC power” Miami. That moniker has seemingly faded over the years after we sunk into obscurity, especially after the woeful Treadwell years. Anyway, it was refreshing to see us referenced in such a manner …now, let’s go out there and live up to it w a big win over NW!

5 Likes

Both teams are better than the teams that met at Ryan Field in 2022. The Wildcats were a bit scary the last few weeks of 2023 with those wins over Iowa, Wisconsin and Utah.

But hey! We were their only regular season loss during their Rose Bowl year in 1995. And they beat Notre Dame the week before we beat them.

Strap it on and go after ‘em!

1 Like

Yeah. Really wish we had Malachi Clark available this season. Worried teams are going to wear us down inside

2 Likes

I wish Miami did something like this. Or maybe we do, and I don’t know about it. But it is very handy for looking at position groups.

https://nuwildcat.sharepoint.com/sites/ATH-bcops/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?ga=1&id=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox%2FNorthwestern%20Roster%20By%20Position.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox

Living in Michigan, I saw quite a bit of Isom coverage. Last season, he was first team all-state. Also, a member of both the Detroit Free Press and Detroit News Dream team. That team is made up of players regardless of the school class ranking or player year in school. I’ve watched it for years and it’s tough to be named as most of the players are committed to P3,4,5 (whatever it is today). He also broke the all-time TD reception record in Michigan. Simply dominated. Good size.
We also signed Carter Herriman, a LB from Davision, Mi. He was also on both newspaper’s Dream Team. To have one is great. To have two is unprecedented for a G5/MAC team. His bio on the article called him a “tackling machine”. Just in time to keep the LB room maybe the strongest on our team.

2 Likes

Good. Chuck seems to do well with tackling machines.

3 Likes

Davison is a damn good program. They lost in state D1 semis last year

They play my Alma mater to open the season. They beat us in last years opener and lost in the D2 finals to Muskegon, also a damn good program

2 Likes

I have passed this on to Miami’s athletic dept and they are looking into including something like this in future gamenotes.

https://nuwildcat.sharepoint.com/sites/ATH-bcops/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?ga=1&id=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox%2FNorthwestern%20Roster%20By%20Position.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox

2 Likes

A little birdie has informed me that my suggestion has been enthusiastically accepted and we will now have a page listing all players on the roster by position similar to NW.

1 Like

http://nuwildcat.sharepoint.com…Not working url.

2 Likes

It was working before. Here, hopefully this will work. We should have something similar in our upcoming football gamenotes.
Northwestern Roster By Position

Here’s what I see when I try to open it.

Well that’s weird. Opens for me. Here is a photo I just took of it.

2 Likes