Miami Football - 2022 Season Thread

Just trying to understand if you are advocating for UC becoming a buy game that we do for less than market rate (which isn’t unreasonable), or if you think UC should pay us to stay on their schedule (doesn’t make sense to me)

1 Like

The previous. In my mind, doing it for a little less and some b-ball would be ideal. A sort of lagniappe if you will instead of totally for free.
(Also, I’m not certain I’ve used lagniappe the right way in a sentence but I’m 100% certain it’s the first time and likely only time you will see it used today.)

I would just point out that we have 3 home games with UC in this contract. They will ( if played) be sellouts and exciting days. I would remind everyone that the last two times UC came to Oxford we were ahead with two minutes to go. The last two times we played them at Paul Brown we were within a TD in the 4th quarter. At Nippert the games have been one sided. Having a big time college football team come to Oxford 3 more times is great for our program. Even playing at Paul Brown is fun and something we cannot do with other big time programs. I honestly think the current contract is great and I hope UC continues it.

8 Likes

Dick does make a good point out of having a quality OOC home game every few years with this UC agreement…doesn’t offset all the financial concerns raised here but does provide a guaranteed good home crowd when they come.

2 Likes

Just a thought: The 3 Yager games are probably why UC will rip up the contract and pay us out once the dust settles with the Big12

OL position breakdown

4 Likes

UC enrollment and thus athletic budget is how many times Miami’s?
At least it’s still on the Miami schedule,to their credit.

1 Like

I like that CM was pretty candid about our OL’s in the past. They’ve been good, but not great as a whole. I think this group can take the next step and be the best OL in the MAC. If they do, our offense could be really something this year.

2 Likes

I still love the idea of playing UC at home and keeping this series. How many G5 teams have this level of team rolling into their stadium every few years?

The model that UC might reference to change this would potentially be Colorado vs CSU series played at Mile High Stadium.

Maybe every year would be at PBS? (Hope not)

1 Like

Again, F UC, there’s no logistical reason other than sUCks that the normal home/away dynamic can’t continue.

2 Likes

Gonna be interesting when UC takes a major dump this season. UC had a good QB & receiving corps, but honestly they’re little better than UCF or Houston, teams that are “meh”. They’re not Ohio State, guys – they’re not even on the level with Purdue or Minnesota or Illinois.

Big XII took them because they had a good run, but more importantly every one else was GTFO of the Big 12!

3 Likes

BRing on Robert Morris! Oh,yea!

1 Like

UC’s 2021 athletics budget was $62 million. Ours was $38 million. Their student population exceeds 44,000 compared to our 21,000. They have been to three marquee bowl games in the past 15 years and to the CFB Playoffs once. They consistently sell out both their football and basketball games. We don’t. UC is soon to be one if the largest and most urban universities in the Big 12. When the four new schools join the Big 12 UC’s student population will make it the second largest member - behind only UCF, the largest university in America. Pretending today’s UC is 1990’s UC is absurd.

6 Likes

Yes, but we don’t like them!

3 Likes

No argument there, D-Day!

2 Likes

Come on. They have clearly been better than Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois. In the last two seasons they had 13 and 0 records which included giving Norte Dame it’s only loss. They lost their bowl games to Georgia ( in OT) and Alabama. We almost beat Minnesota. Shortly after getting blow out at UC . Even before those two years , they were a regular top25 team except during the Tubberville years.

3 Likes

This comment shows a complete disconnect with the reality of college football today.1990 maybe.

2 Likes

The budget and enrollment figures have always been in Cincinnatis favor. Didnt Sid Gillman leave Miami for Cincy in the 1940s

The difference is the conference

1 Like

Amen Dick.

Many Miami fans need to wake up and face reality.

Wish this (comment above by MUHawk0810) was true, but not looking that way…
UC will be a legit top 25 almost yearly going forward.

We can start righting the ship by taking them down this year and getting OUR BELL back.