Miami Football 2022 Roster Thread

McCullough has decided to hang up his cleats

Injury or disinterest.

McCullough cited injury. Schott is not rostered…could be after camp but certainly not taking a scholarship spot.

4 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t find Schott either although here were some blog posts back in December saying he was a Hoosier. I could not find a Schott on the MSU roster either…he had a brother who had committed there.

James Bombs is on the IU roster. He’s one of the guys involved in the fraternity fight in 2020. He left for IU right afterwards - didn’t get into a game in 2021. He’s a Bloomington kid.

Shame about McCullough.

Unrelated but funny story about how college sports really can be a business: Short’s younger brother was committed to Miami until his brother decided to leave. Then he committed to one Coach Ron Burton at Michigan State. Soon after signing day Coach Burton took the DL position at Miami.

Wonder if we can get him back if he decides to leave MSU

So where did the Schott bros end up?

1 Like

Younger one is at MSU. Last I heard, Jackson was an unrestricted free agent.

I am not sure about transfers out but I believe the correct transfers in number is 12 not 8 - Yahsyn McKEE( Mercer ), Nolan Johnson ( ECU), Zane Reis ( Ohio Wesleyan ), Ty Wise ( IU ), Corey Suttle ( Iowa State), Miles Marshall ( IU ), Michael Dowel ( Mich State ),Brian Ugwu( Rutgers ), Jordon Brunson ( Va Tech ), John Brekee ( Holy Cross ), Matt Bjorson ( IU ) and Trey Labounty ( Stanford ). There may be others as it is difficult to get any information from the SID Dept ( do we have one ? ). Does anyone on this board have further info re Rucker and more accurate info re Brian Shane? It would be helpful if we could pick up another transfer DL with experience.

3 Likes

Ah. 24/7 didn’t show a few, then. Didn’t know about Rutgers transfer and the other guys from IU. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Rucker is no longer at Miami. Brian Shane’s weight is incorrect on the roster. (Probably closer to 194 lbs)

where did Rucker go

Graduated. He’s not anywhere right now

He went to the land of Zoom filled PowerPoints with more words on them than The Magna Carter. And long days sitting in a chair with too many emails to respond to in a timely manner. In short, he’s joined most of us. Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

is there going to be an pigs to skin picnic this

Chuck mentioned in a interview last week that Salopek will remain at LB.

I think that makes sense. He’s a better coverage LB than Pace and stepped in nicely last year. Maybe not quite a physical, but I think he can be all conference.

2 Likes

Anyone know when the 2-deep depth chart gets released?

1 Like

Not sure - but Phil Steele’s book has a preliminary 2-3 deep for every FBS team.

1 Like

Agreed. Trying to move him back to safety would only make you more inexperienced at two positions. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s bulked up just a little now that he knows he’s staying at LB.

1 Like