Miami Basketball Alumni

Eric Washington had himself a great game in The Tournament. Antonio Ballard is also a participant. Julian Mavunga just signed a new deal.

1 Like

Just caught the very end of a quarterfinal game. EWash’s team lost to a team of ex-Buffalo players including old friend CJ Massinburg. Buffalo players had names of Buffalo shooting victims on the back of their jerseys

1 Like

Saw that the Bucks brought Vince Legarza in as an assistant coach. He’s done pretty well for himself since Miami.

Milwaukee Bucks Announce Coaching Staff Updates | NBA.com

1 Like

Pretty cool…but:

“The San Francisco native is a graduate of Miami University (OH) where he spent five seasons playing on the men’s basketball team, including three years as a captain.”

Hmmn…fact check?!

Yes, I wondered if old Vince was padding the resume just a bit?

2 Likes

George O’Leary helped him with his resume.

3 Likes

Perhaps also a legend in his own mind.

I think he was a captain for two seasons.

I’m a bit embarrassed that we have alumni back to diminishing the accomplishments of other alumni.

2 Likes

Yes - Legarza was off by only 1 year:

|2008–2009|Legarza Redshirted|
|2009-2010|redshirt Freshman|
|2010-2011|redshirt Sophomore|
|2011-2012|redshirt Junior – Charlie’s last year, Legarza was a Co-Captain|
|2012-2013|redshirt Senior – Cooper’s first year, Legarza was Captain|

2 Likes

@Skins @Eddie @19goSkins @renmanaz

Want to share your resumes? Better not have anything off - since being a multi-year captain isn’t enough to not turn on a fellow alum…

2 Likes

My guess is that Vince doesnt have a mistake on his resume and would be captain in 2011-2012-2013. 2 seasons but 3 years. If you look at the original quote is distinguishes between seasons and years.

2 Likes

Oh Jive…there you are again putting words in people’s mouths…“diminishing”…making mountains out of mole hills [on second thought need an analogy…as this idiom is no exaggeration…dealing with moles is like climbing a mountain. :wink: ].

I personally celebrated his accomplishment above and said that it was cool that he’s with the Bucks and NBA…but I am a bit surprised to see that he was in fact a captain at least one if not two seasons. Not unheard of at all…but not typical of a kid who played ~5 to 10 min per game.

Looks like the facts check out…that is not surprising as he was a Coles recruit and is a Miami grad…

Speaking of alumni…can we get this guy back around the team. Wonder what he’s up to…

2 Likes

Indeed.

Be honest with yourself. Best case your post was tasteless. Worst case you’re making a claim that he lied to get where he’s at. Either way, nothing about it says “love and honor.”

@Skins good timing. one of the basketball social media accounts just posted about him. He’s still playing professionally, but I’m not sure where.

1 Like

Hatch is still playing…damn…guy was so good and sort of came out of nowhere.

3 Likes

Mavunga has officially joined Utsunomiya Brex, last year’s B.League champions, on his new deal.

1 Like

He’s known as Silverback in Japan? That’s cool. I guess.