Miami at Toledo Week Roll Call

I’m planning on flying up from Myrtle Beach to Detroit and coming to the game. Who is going? What’s going on pre-game. What section is everyone in?

My lovely wife and I are attending. Since friends have given us our tickets and parking pass we are in enemy territory for each. Parking lot 10 , section 6 row W for seating. If I do not survive the day, please see that I am buried w appropriate RedHawk honors.

3 Likes

It has been such a long time since I have been to a game at Toledo, what is the parking situation for a visiting fan. I think we used to park in that garage or one of the lots near there but those may all be reserved for football by now. Plus I read that they were anticipating a possible sellout crowd.

We always came onto the campus of Bancroft and then followed the flag waving money grabbers. Ok, now I see that there is parade going down Bancroft sometime in the morning. Should be done by the time you wish to arrive. I have also parked near the law school.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like we have many Hawktalkers going to the game in Toledo. Not much of a response to this post.

Im land locked on the east coast for the remainder of the fall, except for one trip to Athens, GA to see my little bulldawg

Could make a trip to Motown for the MACC, but that seems like a (crack) pipe dream. If we do, then I’ll buy any hawktalker Lafayette coneys

3 Likes

I’ll take two w everything!

I’m out. I’m coaching hockey at Tam-o-Shanter at 11 am and 4 pm, if anyone wants to come see JohnnyMac behind the bench.

1 Like

Last time I was in the Glass Bowl, Rob Carpenter was running wild.

2 Likes

Oh how I loved the way Carpenter ran the ball…so tough and fought for every yard. It’s hard to believe we had two NFL standouts in our backfield at the same time in the 70’s w Carpenter and Sherm Smith (college QB converted to successful RB for the Seahawks in the NFL). And add to that one of the country’s best defenses in multiple years.

Miami guys like Dave, me and quite a few others here were very fortunate to be at Miami in the mid 70’s. What a time it was!

3 Likes

Can we boo?

Down a couple of beers up in The Loft and then give me your best chirps.

Was once thinking about it but daughter in from Houston for one of her friend’s wedding and it’s a no go for sure. Nice little two and half hour drive from C/bus and would have liked to go.

Cincykid3, it was a great time and great team for sure. While Carpenter and Sherman had nice shots in NFL the defense on the '74 team was the 3rd or 4th ranked total defense in the country and held things together. That defense, and especially the D-line was undersized and mean as a snake. As walk on scout team offensive lineman I went against them every day and have some fun stories from my experiences.

4 Likes

Parking is easiest for visitors accross douglass road in the Engineering parking lots, then walking 8 minutes to Lot 10 North of the GB. Thats where the live band and likely ALDS on the big screen will be at 1pm.

Rocket Hall is also a parking choice if you wanted to set up a visitors tailgate. It used to be the main student lot but has since been moved to the South Lawn of campus. That walk is a little longer but goes through fraternity row. Anything off Bankroft with the Parade (10am) is kind of a mess, but the lots there would give you a prettier walk thru campus on game day.

500 tix left as of now. 360 of em in the Lower East Corner where visitors sit. I expect a big MU alumni crowd who lives in the Toledo area, but spread throughout the stadium.

1 Like

In Disney World this week, and we don’t fly home until Sunday. My folks live near Toledo though, so had this game been a different Saturday, I’d have gone for sure. So a bit disappointed. But I’m certain the kids are much happier. Haha

1 Like

Debating on attending. This Cle / Detroit playoff game the same afternoon is making it difficult to commit

1 Like

gonna tune in on LiveBarn to see skin66 heckle JohnnyMac

2 Likes

We are in Sydney Australia right now, will fly home from Auckland on Friday 10/18 and arrive home on Friday 10/18 then stumble weary-eyed to the OU game.

3 Likes

Bit the bullet. Will be a good opportunity to check out the Glass Bowl, if nothing else. Me +2 in Sect 35

2 Likes

I figured this would be the only time I’d have to see us play in the Glass Bowl. Saw my first Miami game 60 years ago this week but I never got to a game at Toledo. I’m in Section 25 - supposedly the Miami section.

3 Likes