Miami at St. Bonaventure Saturday at 2:00

Miami loses to Bonnies by 30. 90-60. Miami outrebounded 40-18!

1 Like

I think this is my third time posting this. I’ll probably stop as mild depression and apathy starts to develop. If we play two smallish guards and a 6’5” guy at the 4, we will continue to get destroyed on the boards by decent teams.

3 Likes

Add hockey into the race it’s gonna be a close finish between the three teams

2 Likes

So we lost by 30, to a team that beat Longwood and Canisius by total of 7…oof!

Come on!

This is such a silly comment. St Bonaventure is a top 100 team in most computer polls and we’re stuck without Mirambeaux and Potter right now. Like I said earlier, the rest of the D1 OOC teams are top 150. Miami will finish ~200

How many wins is realistic? Last year we went 12-20. Losing Stafford and Lairy will we better than last year?

1 Like

Is it really that silly, though? I know SB is pretty good. I don’t mind losing to them, but by 30? Football will win anywhere from 10-12 games. Basketball won 12 last year, and by most accounts looks worse this year. Here’s hoping the big men will help, but we sure seem to have a lot of holes.

1 Like

Check it out, they beat longwood by 4 and lost to Canisius by 3.

The rest of the MAC is going 5-0 tonight with all matchups essentially toss ups

This is where I disagree. The team at this point last year looked awful. Evansville last year was a sub-300. This year they’re 5-0 sitting in the top 170. They lost to Marshall by 26, then IU by 30, then two wins over sub-300 teams, followed by a 27 point loss to Indiana State. Then we beat some school I’ve never heard of and followed that up by losing to UC by 27.

Right now the computers have us at 12 wins with no Mirambeaux or Potter. The team’s biggest weaknesses have been rebounding and turnovers. The turnovers have been steadily improving as everyone gets game experience. Having Potter and Mirambeaux can fix the rebounding issue. Kotecki can normally play the 4 to add height. Can’t do that when he’s your backup center. I think there’s even a chance you could see Morris slide to the 4.

1 Like

This team has a big hole in its lineup and Steele has been unable to fill it. Physically, this looks like a high school team. Hard to believe Potter is the answer to the rebounding issue, but he’ll help. Mirambeaux will help but he’s 6’8” and plays at 6’8”. I thought our shooting would offset these problems, but they are timid getting shots off. The one guy with experience and some physical presence has been the offensive bright spot.

This was a horrible matchup - a very experienced and quick team at home. Two steps back.

I mentioned that last week, that I would like to see a two big lineup at times when Anderson and Reece return. I think Morris at the 4 and Anderson at the 5 would be a strong lineup. Only issue is Morris doesn’t appear to be a “stretch 4” like has become the norm these days, but I am ok with that for everything else Morris brings.

1 Like

Any way you cut it though, that’s an embarrassing effort/loss…you have to put forth/insert a defensive effort or adjustment that limits a 30-point loss to a team that barely beat a team named Longwood.

And if Longwood is THAT much better than us, how the heck is that possible? Yeah, yeah missing guys, young…but come on we have three upper-classmen transfers playing, a third year soph in Mabrey (based on age and extra HS year, early enrollment).

30-point blowout, really, this is what we are back to…30-point, wiped off the court efforts, wow?!

Hopefully one game and anomaly, but I thought this was behind us…hope we don’t see many more of these, judge it when at “full strength.”

Might be able to play Morris or Kotecki at 4 with Anderson or Potter at 5, if Darweshi is at the 3.

We lost two great players to hat we hadn’t planned on losing. It put us in a hole. Record will likely suck but plus side is, we should be very good next year since this new young crew is going to play an insane amount.

Longwood has been a 20+ win team the past couple seasons and made the tournament two years ago. They’re 5-1 this season. Their head coach is actually one of the guys I said we should have looked at to replace Owens.

3 Likes

Yeah, I looked them up (can’t believe they are working on 20 years in D1), but come on…Longwood, limited D1 history, if we are going to bring D2 transfers in…they need to be great and lead us to less than 30-point losses.

Ugh, how is Longwood U that much better off than Miami…sobering.

Canisus off to good start as well, and have had their share of moments over the years as well…but this getting old quick (cycle of “next year”).

Lose by 15, fine…off night, inexperienced…but 30 points, geesh. Hopefully Anderson is back and he makes that much of a difference.

1 Like