Miami at Notre Dame Week

How are you defining meaningful?

2 Likes

Meaningful on a national stage, not just MAC play.

1 Like

There’s also a lot more parity in college hockey and basketball, and more teams that make the playoffs. Not making the playoffs doesn’t mean that our football team isn’t the best of those three teams on campus. 2 conference titles in the past 5 years and how many rings has hockey or basketball brought us?? Where have they finished in the conference playoffs??

2 Likes

I would counter that a conference championship game is a meaningful game as is a bowl game.

1 Like

Mozee up the middle for 1 on first down?

2 Likes

Hockey and basketball aren’t meaningful on a national stage OR their conference stages. At least football is a front runner in their conference

1 Like

Completely agree, I’m more interested in competing in NCAA tournaments.

1 Like

MAC bowl games aren’t nationally meaningful really. They’re a fun end to seasons, but they don’t ‘mean’ anything.

The last time Miami played a nationally relevant football game under the criteria @Max said would be the opener at Iowa in 2003.

Me too. I just think it’s not the teams fault football doesn’t have as big of a chance to make it

…but they’re still closer than the hockey and bball team😂

2 Likes

Third and 1 on one we really need

1 Like

Exactly. I’m not blaming Miami’s football program, just hard to be fully invested in it given the landscape of college football today.

1 Like

Takes a near perfect regular season in cfb to make it to the playoffs. In hockey you can lose 30 regular season games and still have a chance to win the title

Hard to have that near perfect season with 3 monster games to start

Oy veh!

2 Likes

So how many touchdowns have they scored this season?

1 Like

Awful, just awful offense. I am seriously concerned about our bowl prospects. I see us now losing against Toledo and NIU.

4 Likes

Brett’s throwing it like Aveon but can’t move at all. What a lousy combination. I know there won’t be but I’d like to see a QB competition before next week.

If nobody on the roster is better than this I wonder why they have scholarships.

2 Likes

Backups everywhere on defense.

1 Like

Pretty close to the spread. We’ve gotten outscored 28-0!since halfway through the second period.

???

1 Like