Miami at Marshall Saturday at 7:00 on ESPN+

This is fantastic! If hockey plays and wins u might just crap myself!!!

3 Likes

How about if hockey doesn’t lose?

3 Likes

This team is only getting better. We made silly mistakes that will certainly be fixed, e.g., we struggled against a basic full court press and we missed way too many FT at crucial times.

Our freshmen are TERRIFIC. Cooper and certainty Ipsaro will be MAC stars in a few years. Dean played his best game, Bultman is finding his role. I am quite excited now.

8 Likes

Good “legit” win . Freshmen be freshmen. No more bouncing between Bonnies and Spalding. Let’s go.

Will be curious how Potter and Anderson blend into the lineup now that some flow has developed.

2 Likes

A lot of stat sheet stuffing across the lineup. This balance should be a real strength in time.

1 Like

I think coach Steele and staff are going to shock the world real soon. I won’t say the game but it’s coming. Ok. Kids. I lied. Take down OSU. That’s ur job.

3 Likes

Both Anderson and Potter should be back soon, but what is the status of Julian Lewis? I have not heard anything regarding him and he contributed decent minutes last year.

8 Likes

Good to see you here. We need all the fans we can get on our humble rebel outpost. Welcome!

3 Likes

Beating Marshall in anything is always an excellent outcome.

2 Likes

You got that right!!!

1 Like

I talked to coach Richburg this week and asked about Julian. I can’t say much, but I learned he is away from the team right now for personal reasons and we hope to welcome him back at some point but nobody knows when that may be.

4 Likes

This was a great win in particular since Marshall manhandled us last year in Oxford.

They must have lost a lot of talent due to graduation because last year it seemed it was a game of men vs. boys.

Happy to see our freshmen playing so well despite the small meltdown down the stretch.

2 Likes

I went back and watched this tonight. Playing at Marshall and against their style made this a helter skelter kind of game. Offensively, when we slowed down half a beat, we got any shot we wanted because Marshall let us step into perimeter shots. I’d like to see more of Elmer and Hunter on the floor at the same time. Well, more Elmer period. I continue to like how tough (for freshmen) Ipsaro and Cooper are.

Defensively, what got us in trouble late was how much we fouled. The fouling led to the clock stopping which gave Marshall chances to set up their press and turn us over. Even if they just score, it’s a little harder to set up the press, but fouling and putting them on the free throw line lets them set it up. Also, Marshall was able to make too many interior passes. I thought we played pretty good perimeter defense, but Marshall was able to do too much around the basket.

But it was a nice road win. Wednesday’s going to be tough. Ohio State may emerge as the BIG champion.

No freaking way.

Somebody forgot Purdue is in the Big 10.

Purdue is definitely winning the Big 10.

Then every tiny mid-major school will pray they get paired up against Purdue for the first Thursday or Friday of March Madness.

But at least Purdue will win the Big 10.

1 Like

I did say “may”. But Purdue has the same team as last year and the scouting report is fairly straightforward. Put multiple guys around Edey, make entry passes tougher. You have to respect Smith and Loyer from the outside, but I would leave Horton, Gillis and their other perimeter players open to shoot until they hit 2 or 3 3s. I’m not buying the Purdue/Virginia comparison yet. Virginia had multiple NBA players. Purdue has 1 at this point. Northwestern, Ohio State, and Illinois have gotten off to good starts and could challenge.

1 Like

Ohio lost at home to Marshall today.

I would have preferred a sinkhole opening up beneath the floor.

Marshall and Toledo tied at 68 with about 8 minutes to go.

1 Like