Miami at Georgia TV

4:00 Friday on SEC ESPN+
3:30 Saturday SEC ESPN+ We also play 3 other games this weekend, none of which are on TV, just have to check live stats.

Got out to a big early lead in the morning game against Jacksonville St, but another late collapse. JSU just hit a 3 run HR to tie it at 7-7 in the bottom of the 7th and still have no outs.

Followed up the tying home run with double, walk, walk, walk off single. 8-7 Jacksonville St final.

That’s an ugly loss -JSU was 8-13.

All three pitchers played in this one. Jarvis allowed 3 runs in 3+ innings. Hitchcock allowed 5 runs in 3+ innings. Reeves was brought in after Hitchcock allowed the tying HR and then the double in the 7th. She proceeded to throw 10 straight balls and got replaced mid batter by a reinserted Jarvis, who immediately allowed the walk off hit.

Incredible waste to have the most explosive offense in the country, but not be able to hold anyone decent under 8 runs.

5 Likes

We suffered with the same kind of pitching most of last year, but late in the season Coach just gave the ball to Brianna Pratt for the rest of the season and she was outstanding. We have an all new pitching staff this year, 3 transfer portal girtls and some freshmen. The key to this season will be developing pitching as the year goes on. We do have a great lineup so that will allow us time to develop the pitching.

1 Like

Ugly start vs UGA.Down 3-0 with two on and two out in the bottom of one. Looks like somebody needs to hide the press clippings from last week.

A day to forget! Miami trailed 8-0 after one - with four walks, a hit batter and three errors after two. Got it to 8-2 in the 5th. Georgia Grand Slam run-ruled it 13-2 in the bottom of the 5th. Bummer!

We’re going to have to steal one tomorrow from Georgia and sweep Furman to stay on anyone’s national radar.

Miami was leading Georgia 4-3 through 5 innings. For some reason Kumar decided to pull Jarvis despite just 64 pitches and Hitchcock and Reeves combined to allow 3 runs in the 6th. 6-4 Georgia final.

We’re almost a national player in Softball. Need to keep pushing! We’ll get there.

Freshman Madelyn Reeves threw a 3 hit shutout and we beat Furman 5-0 Saturday night. We play Furman again Sunday morning.

8-0 run rule win over Furman on Sunday. Back on track, I hope. Our next seven games are back in the friendly confines overlooking Yager.

Interesting observation. I just looked at last season’s roster. There are about 7-8 underclassmen players on that roster who are not listed on this year’s. That seems like a lot of turnover for a high-performing team.

Any insight on this, Dick?

No.

1 Like

I found some interesting info and posted it on the Western Michigan series thread.

As an aside, I just noticed NKU Softball beat Michigan today over across the river. It looked frigid there today!

Gotta be a huge win for the Norse. They are defending Horizon league champs who could be in our NCAA bracket on down the road if the can win it again.