Miami at Eastern Michigan

Yeah it somehow looked more ridiculous without the track. I didn’t know a D1 stadium could pull off that trick in 2024.

1 Like

It does not speak well for my researching skills but I am unable to find and download the injury report. Would someone be so kind as to either provide a link or list the nine players mentioned.
Thank you

If you look at our participation report, we are not listing guys out for the season. I think we should be. Like Kenny Tracy. I am pretty sure Tracy isn’t the only one out for the year. We better get this fixed or some of “dem guys” are going to be paying our SID a visit! :rofl:

1 Like

Here is the link. Scroll to page 8/12 for Miami.

Yeah, Redsea.I did notice some guys on the Saturday availability list actually played.

And the two-deep we publish in Game Notes every week seldom seems accurate for the upcoming game.

I think it is to drive trucks or lawn mowers or ambulances in and out.

1 Like

One thing I would note about the defensive alignment Saturday is that Ty Wise was listed as questionable and Corbin Hondru started in his linebacker slot and had 16 tackles. Then in the second half DE Corey Suttle went out with an injury and I noticed that Ty Wise replaced him at DE. It had an effect on the game because we had not been getting a good pass rush and also often lost contain and let their QB Cole Snlider scramble for a first down. With Wise at one end and Ugwu at the other we started getting more pressure and also were quick enough to tackle Snider when he took off. That may have been what turned the tide in the 4 th quarter when we outscored them 17-0.

6 Likes

Speaking of Brunson his parents were sitting next to us and were very quiet the whole game until that long touchdown run in the 4th quarter and his Mom was very animated and excited. It has been a long 3 years for him since transferring from Virginia Tech so it was nice to see him have success. I think he scored a TD or two against our FCS opponent last year but otherwise this was his best moment at Miami.

5 Likes

I think we’re going to see a lot more of him going forward. If he and Mozee get hot we could have something really nice.

1 Like

I would also mention that if you look at the participation list we now have 6 or 7 guys, mostly freshmen, who have played in one or two games. I think almost all of those have come in the last game or two, and I guess that is because of all the injury issues.

1 Like

Yes hopefully Brunson has worked his way out of Chuck’s “doghouse” (if that is what he has been in while being utilized so sparingly), as we need a bruising back presence on short yard situations where we have been running Mozee almost exclusively despite only occasional success.

I keep looking for those two backs to complement each other with their respective strengths (Mozee speed and Brunson toughness).

2 Likes

Downing has been out for a couple of games which has given Bronson an opening to pick up his carries.

1 Like

Where do you find the participation report?

1 Like
1 Like

Suttle is actually the biggest DL on our starting 4. I would like to see him rotated inside. Then you have a rotation of Hilton/Washington/ Suttle/Mercier. I agree, Ugwu and Hilton give us more speed on the outside at DE.

RS-I posted this above. Scroll to page 8/12 for Miami. 2024 MAC Football Availability Report (10.12.24) (PDF) - Mid-American Conference

1 Like

It’s not particularly easy to find on the antiquated MAC web site.I posted a screen shot of Miami’s during the game.

I just key in MAC Football Avalibility Report and the date, expressed like 10.12.2024.

1 Like

I know where the injury report is but thanks. I am asking that Dick is finding a spot about participation in the game. It used to be in our box core but I am not finding anymore but Dick said Freshman are playing. Obviously Ringer had a carry this week but I like to see the whole rotation

The only way I find it is when I key in Miami vs Specific Opponent participation report. Then I find it in the drop down menu.

2 Likes

If this link works, it shows how many games each player has participated in and if you click a players name, hit stats, it will show you the exact game(s). Look to the far right on the link, click “participation” which then brings up the whole roster and games played. Hope this helps.

2 Likes