Miami at Denver series

Miami looks to break an 8-game losing streak vs. the Pioneers. Go RedHawks.

1 Like

FYI - Tomorrow’s 8pm EST start is on Altitude Sports.

1 Like

Holy smokes, three fans hit by pucks flying into the stands in the first 10 minutes.

Not a bad first period, and that second power play was actually pretty good.

1 Like

Any scoring?

1 Like

DU scores just half a minute into the second off of a really terrible turnover. And now with a power play.

2-0 on the power play goal after a bad line change.

At least we looked decent for the first period…

1 Like

DU makes it 2-0. Bad line change on the PK.

3-0.

1 Like

3-0 after Persson leaves the net wide open to play a puck that took a janky bounce off the end boards. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Janky. There’s a word I haven’t seen in prose in many years. Well done.

1 Like

We’re contemplating leaving to go drink. This is just plain ugly.

2 Likes

4-0, 5-0, 6-0. Second period still isn’t done.

1 Like

I would like to just pretend that period didn’t happen, please. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I can’t even. I’ve turned down free tickets this season and THIS is why. I am so sad about what’s happened to Miami hockey. 6 in a period is just bush league

2 Likes

This program is going to put me in a psych ward.

We couldn’t have beat a decent intramural team during that second period. And the third wasn’t much better, although I thought Neaton played well after Berg finally yanked Persson (I probably would have pulled him at least 2 goals earlier). Turnovers and transition were both terrible and directly led to at least four goals. We showed little to no puck awareness…the number of times a Miami player completely lost sight of a puck they were basically right on top of and should have played was embarrassing. Chrona is a great goalie, but we didn’t give him any legit challenges. You could have picked any spectator out of the stands and they probably could have stopped at least 90% of the shots he faced. Here’s hoping tonight is a better show, because it really couldn’t be a whole lot worse…

Scoreless after one tonight. Last night’s first period was better, but then again, it was far better than last night’s second period so…winning? :smirk:

ETA: 4-0 after two. Still better than last night, I guess?

1 Like

I know I have been critical of the hockey program of late, but I’m not rooting against the team. I check the threads and hope for positive results, but this team just seems so far away from being competitive. And yes, I know, Denver is a good team, but this weekend isn’t the only time they’ve struggled.

I have never gotten up and walked out of a Miami hockey game before but that was an embarrassment across the board. They might as well have not even gotten on the plane. They showed absolutely none of the potential they’ve shown throughout this season. And I can’t understand why Persson is still in net at the end of that game. You certainly can’t blame all the goals on him, but he wasn’t stopping anything, so why not give Neaton a shot?

Embarrassment. Plain and simple. This is a
Sinking ship and I don’t see any hope. I’m depressed about that

3 Likes