Miami at Buffalo 7:00 Tuesday on ESPN+

Great effort! I want a do over on some of the games we lost. Especially the MAC ones. Oh well. Team is getting better so that’s what matters.

4 Likes

Buffalo may be terrible, but I’m never mad about a 20+ point road win. Fantastic shooting night (65.5%). Let’s keep it going on Saturday!

3 Likes

Good win we desperately needed. Nice to see so many points in the paint. Defense was not great at times in first half, allowing multiple uncontested drives down the middle. Tightened up second half. That being said, UB is the worst DI team we have played this year not named Coppin St. Glad to see Ipsaro back. I do wish he would get a little selfish at times and look for his shot.

1 Like

In conclusion,

Looking at the box score today I noticed how dominant our bigs were last night. Mirambeaux scored 21 points in 17 minutes, Morris scored 9 points in 10 minutes, and Potter scored 6 points in 18 minutes for a total of 36 points in 45 minutes.

2 Likes

If Morris ever develops a true offensive game, he is going to be extremely dangerous.

3 Likes

We were obviously much longer up front. I’d want that matchup any day. It’s not usually the case for us.

1 Like

Great win on the road last night. Contributions from just about everybody who saw the floor. Ipsaro looked really gimpy on that ankle still, hopefully he can get back to full speed soon. Very impressed with the trio of Fr starters, that was Elmer’s best game of the year.

More broadly, two excellent halves in the last four on the road (with a third very decent one). Big opportunity Saturday at home.

Also, want to shoutout Ryan Mabrey. He’s really picked up the offense and looks like he’s gaining more confidence each time out. The stepback 3 off the dribble last night was really nice. Had a couple other tough buckets too. Kudos to him for the work and it looks like it’s starting to really pay dividends.

For a guy I wasn’t sure about early in the year he’s really come on and is helping the team. Defensively, the effort is there. Would love to see him keep working to impact the game on that side.

3 Likes

Huh???

It seems like every time he plays well, we win. Not sure if the stats back that up but that’s my gut at least.

He had some really poor defense in the first half, but kudos to him for picking it up in the second half.

1 Like

Encouraging that they won by 21 with a quiet night by Darweshi.

Something from the Way Back machine.

He’s been consistently chucking up 6 or 7 threes per game. Whether he hits one of those or four of those is a 9 point swing in and of itself.

1 Like

BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ
BORTZ

2 Likes

The man, the myth, the legend that is BORTZ

Much like Highlander. There can be only one

There’s only one was Jeep’s tagline for a while. And I guess I won the lottery because I had one, a Grand Cherokee. Sadly, it was a poorly made rickety piece of crap that would end up in the shop if you drove over a curb much less up the side of a mountain, but I digress.