Miami at Akron Friday night at 6:30

TO Akron, 4:58 to go, 58-50 Zips. We are playing with 4 small guards and Eli. ( Precious has 4 fouls).

1 Like

Can you imagine how good opposing bigs must feel when they catch a pass and realize theyā€™re 1v1 with Eli?

1 Like

Under 4 TO, Akron up 7, going to the line for 2.

Akron up 9, Ayah fouls out, 3 minutes to go.

1 Like

Now we are playing 5 guards, Williams at 5 and Grant at 4.

1 Like

Interesting group. Down 8.

66-55 Final. We get another shot at them Sunday in Millett. It will be interesting to see what adjustments are made for that game. We obviously need to be able to guard Freeman and Ali better, and need to be able to get more good shots. Akron adjusted at halftime and just pounded it inside and dominated the paint. We did not figure out anything today to stop that. We did not try doubling down, but Akron has some good three point shooters. We might try that at home Sunday as maybe Akron will not shoot the three well in Millett.

1 Like

Grant with 6 free throws, Lairy with one. Thatā€™s it. Might be a good adjustment for Sunday.

Toledo at Ball State at 9:00 on ESPNU.

Overall, the 1st and 2nd half were pretty comparable. Akron hurt us inside. Having to play McNamara long minutes hurts us. Offensively, the first 5 played alright. I think that combination needs to play more. The ball moved more and we seemed to get more open looks. Our most consistent offensive stretches were at the beginning of each half when that group was playing. And they did well defensively. If only we had a reliable backup for Ayah at each end that could defend and get the occasional offensive rebound.

1 Like

Well I, for the life of me, canā€™t believe Akron covered that enormous 7 point spread.

It was exactly 7 with under 3 minutes to go, so the line was fairly accurate. We only played 8 guys tonight, and that helped. Unfortunately, you have Eli going back to back with another 1 rebound in 21 minutes effort. Not that Coach Owens has any other better options. No Beck or Ames, also, the longer Brown is out the longer it will take him to get sharp again.

This battle between Quinnipiac and Saint Peterā€™s is MAAC-nificent!

We played really well at times but in the end itā€™s just another lose.

1 Like

We are now 3-12 in our last 15 vs. D1 opponents. Three. And. Twelve.

WE are closing in on last place. Got to turn this thing around.

Donā€™t get me wrong; we are awful right now. But weā€™re currently 4 ahead of Western in the loss column for last place, and weā€™ve already beaten them. Weā€™re nowhere near last place.

1 Like

A moral victory if Iā€™ve ever heard one!

2 Likes

Paging Papagrande!

1 Like

I donā€™t think there will be anything interesting about itā€¦

Jack O is about as boring and incompetent of a coach that Iā€™ve ever seen at this level of play.

PS there will be no turnaroundā€¦this team is done, extremely soft, lacks game plan and canā€™t play any D. I see maximum of 4 more wins, as little as 2.

PPS Yet another team that shoots 50% against Miamiā€¦